Is it just me or does anyone else not use carbon filters because you lose taste and..

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Blahblehblew, Aug 13, 2011.

1. #1 Blahblehblew, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2011
    Is it just me or does anyone else not use carbon filters because you lose taste and some potency? I've tried em, loved how they kept my glass clean, but i lost taste and felt as though it also stripped down the potency a tad. I just wanna know if anyone else besides me is not using it because of these reasons. State if you have other reasons as well besides cost. :eek: oh, and what's it like using cotton instead? never tried that one...

2. everything i've read said carbon filters improve taste and the smoothness of the hit so IDK

3. I realized instead of trying to filter all the crap out of smoke and purify it, why not just not have it there to begin with by not combusting?

I was going to get a carbon filter more percs etc, now I just vaporbong, No potency or flavor lost and glass stays clean, same huge rips just cleaner. I can definitely feels the difference in my lungs after switching the bong to vapor for the last couple weeks.

4. #4 Just619, Aug 13, 2011
    Dunno where you read that, but it's always been the general consensus that you lose flavor with one. It's nice to use one for a change. I agree you lose a little flavor, but I don't see a potency loss

5. I find whether or not it improves or diminishes flavor varies from strain to strain. You can lose some of that flowery sativa delicateness but I find it smooths the edge off some of the harsher indica flavors. I'd say there's a minor potency loss but no more so than running it through water, consider a single diffuser+AC to have potency loss equal to double diffused bong. I usually use one when I still combust occasionally.

6. #6 Blahblehblew, Aug 13, 2011
    I was just gonna state that there will be an indeed loss, just like with going through water or a pipe. but I would imagine the carbon filter would strip more of the potency than water. but like diffusion and percolation etc, it will smoothen your hits allowing you to get huge hits... but i need my flavor, man.