Is it flowering or what?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by krispykreme, May 18, 2011.

1. Ok, so I found an unknown strain growing in my front yard and decided to keep it around early march. It was probably about 3 weeks or so when I found it, so I began growing it under a couple of cfl's and moved it outside about a month ago. The strange thing is that it seems to already be flowering, even though it is the middle of summer where I live. I don't believe it was induced any sort of change brought on by stress as I add a dose of superthrive every time I feed it to help keep everything kosher. I was also entertaining the thought of it possibly being an autoflowering strain, but I havent known any to be 4 feet tall, like this strain. Any help would be appreciated, hopefully soon, so I can switch to flowering nutes to try and save this harvest;)

2. I dunno what to tell you... Age would influence flowering, and a dark period between 10-13 hours would start it to flower. Im under the impression the switch from outdoor seedling to indoor did the mess up. Especially if you were vegging on 24 hour light with cfls, then decided to put outside, it would most likely flower, such a different change in light periods would cause this.

3. Thanks for the reply Rello, looking back now I recall putting the plant on 24 hour light for the first couple weeks and had to switch to 20/4 (tight budget) a couple of weeks later and it was put back outside shortly after that so the light cycle changes must be the case. Oh well, I should still get a good bit off her in the end.:smoke:

4. Ya that would do it then. Just for future reference if you ever want to start indoors and put outside, I would start them on 16/8 or something along those hours, to be as close as possible to outdoor light. And as for your plants now, they might stop flowering or hermie if your light hours are increasing like mine. Just cover them to emulate 10-13 hours of darkness if you have to. In my opinion cannabis will flower outdoors under 14/10,though youd want 13/11 or 12/12