Is it ethical to...?

Discussion in 'General' started by xtiffany, Feb 14, 2009.

1. ....so i cant gnaw my arm off....? well then fatty goes (not trying to offend anyone and if i do i'll delete this)

2. There was a soccer team that ate their teammates when they were trapped in the mountains... I thought the article said they ate them raw, not sure though now I guess...

3. why would you gnaw your arm off in the first place? if you do, you'll eventually bleed to death and the sharks will be able to smell the blood, so their gonna come to your boat. so by cutting your arm off, you're putting everyone one in danger and in a more worse situation then they were in before.

4. People weigh far less when their entire body is submerged in water.

I'd tell that fat fucker to jump overboard and hold on to the raft, that way he could still have his head above water and relax, but still be with us for when we find rescue. If just him over wasn't enough i'd find another person.

If the game changes, and suddenly there are sharks everywhere, and my idea is no longer an option, well then fuck that dude, he is going overboard.

5. I say fuck ethics, they just get in the way of survival!

6. bleeding to death was the point, suicide. but as seeing how this is no longer an option, and i would of only did that if it was getting to that point of starvation and dehydration you know? id much rather have a quick death then a slow and painful one

7. #27 KeinMitleid, Feb 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009
    He is the biggest liability and endangering everyone else's life. Why let all 6 people die when only one needs to?

I would throw his ass overboard with no second thought, but then again I'm a bit of a psychopath. :devious:

QFT.

I say fuck ethics, feel free to do whatever you please as long as you are willing to accept responsibility for your consequences.

8. i guess fatty dies, lol.

9. I'd toss him over. The fat floats better than muscle. He could just sit there, bobbing up and down, getting his relax on.

10. yeahh, until the sharks come. lol

11. eating him wouldn't solve the problem cause his mass would still not be displaced. assuming the boat wasn't sinking at a rate slower than the time it would take to digest and shit him out.

as far as ethic's, assuming you subscribe too the belief in universal rights of humanity than it wouldn't necessarily be ethical. but given the situation ethics might follow survival instincts in priority.

of course if you believe in relativism and that survival is culturally enforced notion and morality to be based on cultural rather than being universal than you could be ethically correct in tossing him overboard.

12. dude. yes it would. not even half of his body would be eaten, the bones discarded, and the eaten calories burned.

13. smart ass.

but im too high to understand the point you were trying to actually make.

so, jokes on you. ha!

14. well the specifics of how much mass would need to be removed to make the boat stop sinking weren't given. and even though calories would be burned that does not destroy mass, mass cannot be destroyed, and since your stuck on a boat you wouldn't be able to quickly burn calories, assuming that that would create gas that you could expel it all fast enough to save the boat from sinking.

and assuming that only a portion of the fat guy needs to be tossed, that raises the question of why a smaller person couldn't be chosen to be tossed.

furthermore, this raises the question if cannibalism is ethical given the circumstances.

15. You throw him off just incase you have to go to canibalism. Fat people eat more..

16. But fat people also have more meat on them...

17. Lol, It's too bad your english isn't worth shit homie:D j/k

Throw him over! Think about it this way, if the fat man was givin the chance would he throw you over? Are you willing to take that chance? I used to care about everyone like that until I realized we're here to fend for ourselves.

18. I was watchin some shit on the real story of Moby Dick the other night, and after their ship got fucked they got stuck on this island. They decided to make small boats and sail off. They ended up getting all separated, and three guys in one boat ended up having to draw straws on who would die in order for the other two to live.

SO, it ends up one young guy gets picked to die, then the other two ended up coming to deciding somehow that the guys best friend had to be the one to kill him. So the dude shot that ***** and they ate him. When they got rescued they both were found gnawing on the bones of said guy. They were completely insane and werent aware of their surroundings or even each other. :eek::eek:

^^^^^ I wrote all that from memory :)

19. fat people float

20. OP: The mindset you are setting here is that of the, "Life is like chess" ideology.
    In that case, yes, it would be the correct thing to do to survive, to save yourself. By working together with others who also see it that way.