is it crazy that i talk to myself when alone?

Discussion in 'General' started by Avihigh74, Mar 5, 2014.

1. I mean i dont think im crazy but how would i know....  i like to talk to myself when im alone or in private space occasionally or once in a while, it helps me feel good, i can hold rational and interesting conversations with myself , it helps me relax, feels good, i can find solutions to problems i have, feels better than only talking inside your head. Does anyone do this or should i check myself into a mental institution?

2. Totally normal, I do this daily.

3. Yeah buddy it's normal. I've had some of the greatest conversations with myself. I think it's weird if you don't speak to yourself at least just a little.

Sent from my mind

4. They say people who talk to themselves are more intelligent. 

5. i do that shit all the time, g...like, it's even my opinion that anyone who DOESNT talk to themselves, is'nt as cool as me...like, what're they trying to prove or hide, just talk to yourself..who knows you better?
    NO ONE!, thats who, lel XD 
    SHUT UP I AM NOT DOING THIS WITH YOU NOW
    doing what now AND WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING 

6. It's normal, but if i do it much i start to feel like gollum from lord of the rings haha.

7. i do it alot , my parents used to tell me i was weird -.- ... but id say its normal, if im alone i just simply think out loud.. if im high alone i conversate with my self , if im stressed i give myself steps to follow < this isnt when im alone , this is anytime im stressed out 

8. and here's me thinking i was mental all this time

9. The people who deliberately assume it's "not normal" or "strange" are just basing this on opinion, not facts. Truth is, talking to yourself is like is giving your own inner monologue, you can use that alone time for deep introspection to contemplate on the goals you want to set, manage and control your emotions, re-evaluate your life decisions (academic, work, personal), speculate on life's greatest mysteries, and other collection of thoughts that you mind normally generates. 

Check this out: http://www.learning-styles-online.com/style/solitary-intrapersonal

10. I don't think so. Thinking is talking to yourself

11. I don't ever speak to myself but I definitely have internal dialogue constantly

12. Lol I find myself doing it when I'm really stoned and by myself

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. are you talking about out loud? It doesnt sound like you're crazy, I talk to myself all the time but I do it in my head, I guess it's basically the same thing..

unless you're talking to yourself about shooting up walmart, then that would be a little crazy

14. I do it all the time, both in my head, and out loud. Occasionally, for the more in depth conversations/stories I act things out with stuff around the room.