Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it all the same?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jizzledfreq, May 25, 2012.

1. So I've been blazing on and off for a good seven years now and I have a question for all of you out there.

Is there any real difference between strains of Marijuana, or are they all pretty much the exact same?

They all have THC in them, with varying potency, some give more sativa type highs, and others give more indica type highs. I definitely notice a difference between a Sativa strain and an Indica strain.

They all have CBD with varying potency.

I plan on growing soon and I hear that when the resin glands are clear you'll get a more sativa type high, when they are cloudy, it's a blend between a sativa and indica, and when the resin glands turn to an amber color you'll get a more couch lock stone. So if I follow these guidelines it wouldn't really matter if I use bagseed, or any other seed for that matter.

I know that genetics comes into play as well, but would it really have anything to do with the potency and yield of a plant? Couldn't great growing techniques help increase potency and yield or is it strictly limited to the genetics?

Thanks in advance to all who help explain this a little better.

2. The highs vary soooooo much between strains, it's not even funny.

3. They are all different I thought name were just names but some of them are real

4. :wave: Some are very different while some are quite alike even being rebranded by other breeders.

Its true that chopping while the trichomes are clear,cloudy or amber makes a big difference but you will never get the true indica effect by chopping a sativa strain late or the other way around.

Smoke a true sativa like Dr Grinspoon from Barney's farm or 8 miles high from Mandala and then smoke a true indica like Medicine Man from Mr Nice they are worlds apart :smoke:

5. The strains have an effect on aspects such as taste/smell, munchies, how red your eyes get, things of that nature. Not so much potency.

6. Smoke a heavy purple and then smoke a haze and experience the difference your self

7. What is the reason that Sativas and Indicas produce such a different high? They both have THC and CBD and all sorts of other cannibinoids, so what makes them cause a different high?

I've smoked Sativa strains like Chronic, Trainwreck, Orange Kush, and Purple Haze. I can definitely tell the difference in quality of a high, but what makes the difference? Is it ratios of THC to CBD?

8. The ratios, the grower, the strain, how it was cured, how old the bud is

9. Sativas have a higher THC to CBD ratio, since CBD makes you really stoned whereas THC is for the high, sativas would give you more high than the stoned feeling from CBD