Is it a female?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by yorkweed, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Hi all

Can you help me identify if this is a female? How long in flowering does this autoflower look like it is in? Where near these potential female hairs can u expect bud production? And when can I expect bud production to become apparent?

Attached Files:

2. Not the best picture but I think it's a girl. Buds will form at the nodes where branches intersect. You should see actual flowers within 2 weeks or so.

3. How old?

4. [quote name='"Wharfrat74"']How old?[/quote]

It was planted on oct 30, 2012. It's been way too long for an autoflower. Could it be due to the high heat of 30 degrees through it's grow life? As well as using 6- 23 watt cfl ?

5. No man, you just got an Auto that ain't autoing.

If you can, up pot her. Looks like you're using a 1 gallon, move up to a 3 gallon. And start 12/12.

Are those actual watts for those bulbs?

6. Wow that's around 11 weeks old! 30 degrees isn't ideal but i don't think it would cause it to take as long as it is.. Have you had fans circulating and reconditioning the air? It's defiantly shown sex as a female but its still in early flower.. Could be one or a number of factors that can cause this to happen.. ( heat, soil, over/under watering, ph problem, light cycle, Or something else entirely. Any type of stress in the first 3 weeks of an auto flowering strain will stunt its growth both above and below the soil, unfortunately it can never recover to the point of where it would of been without the stress.. Doesn't mean it won't produce anything it just won't produce much as a result..

7. [quote name='"Wharfrat74"']No man, you just got an Auto that ain't autoing.

If you can, up pot her. Looks like you're using a 1 gallon, move up to a 3 gallon. And start 12/12.

Are those actual watts for those bulbs?[/quote]

It seems like that I do have an auto that isn't autoing, you're right because she has been at this stage of hair visibility with no bud production for about 2 weeks already. The soil is an organic super soil that I mixed(if its important in diagnosing, I can provide all the ingredients to you, just let me know). Those are actual bulbs at 23 watst and if converted it would be 100 watt.

8. [quote name='"Goldennugg"']

Wow that's around 11 weeks old! 30 degrees isn't ideal but i don't think it would cause it to take as long as it is.. Have you had fans circulating and reconditioning the air? It's defiantly shown sex as a female but its still in early flower.. Could be one or a number of factors that can cause this to happen.. ( heat, soil, over/under watering, ph problem, light cycle, Or something else entirely. Any type of stress in the first 3 weeks of an auto flowering strain will stunt its growth both above and below the soil, unfortunately it can never recover to the point of where it would of been without the stress.. Doesn't mean it won't produce anything it just won't produce much as a result..[/quote]

I know man it's way too long! I have it in a 0.5 gallon pot with 2 exhaust computer fans and 1 intake computer fan hitting the 6 23-watt cfl's and slightly hitting the top of the plant. Also has another mini fan inside the grow box (2ft x 2x 2.5height). The soil is organic super soil (so ph shouldn't be a problem)in 0.5 gallon pot. I performed LST when she showed hairs and don't think I stressed the plant a whole lot in the first 3 weeks except possibly due to high heat and a transplant to her 0.5 gallon pot. I have the lights on 18/6 as I heard with autoflowers, that it doesn't need to be dropped to 12/12, I could be wrong?

Thoughts now given this info?

9. Could well be down to genetics then! For future reference you don't need to transplant an auto strain they prefer to be put straight in to the final pot and left in it mate.. An also use as big a pot as you can it will make for a far larger plant.. 18/6 is good an no you shouldnt have to switch it but i have heard of growers having to do it before..Hope she starts putting on some bud weight for ye soon. I would give it another week or so an if there's no noticeable change i would rip it out an start again with some fresh seed.. At worst you will have learnt along the way...

10. [quote name='"Goldennugg"']

Could well be down to genetics then! For future reference you don't need to transplant an auto strain they prefer to be put straight in to the final pot and left in it mate.. An also use as big a pot as you can it will make for a far larger plant.. 18/6 is good an no you shouldnt have to switch it but i have heard of growers having to do it before..Hope she starts putting on some bud weight for ye soon. I would give it another week or so an if there's no noticeable change i would rip it out an start again with some fresh seed.. At worst you will have learnt along the way...[/quote]

Thx for your help. I planned ahead and have been germinating the same plant seed I'm growing now called ruderalis indica, hope she will be good to me this time. Also germinating a sativa and another Jamaican seed I got from bag of green when i was in Jamaica :)