Is Flushing Neccessary If Using Organic Nutes???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dankfest999, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Weve been on a feeding schedule (for flowering) that Hashmouf laid out for us that instructed us to flush after 30-40 days... that time falls on this week, but lately i've been hearing quite a bit about not needing to flush if you're not using synthetic nutes...We are using all organic nutes/soil, and neither of us have experience flushing in the past...

Can anyone clarify on this one?

2. Fox Farm is Organic and it recommends that you flush i think the first week of flowering. But I might be wrong.

I would say to flush.

3. Flush every time you change reservoir, and for the last week (changing it after about 3-4 days). Its all in the details.
    Edit: I just saw that you have no experience flushing. Keep it simple, fill the resevor high enough to where the pump isnt going to run out of water to pump, and adjust the pH. Swirl the water around a little bit, and pump it for the usual amount of time the pump runs. Drain the reservoir and fill it back up with the nute solution.

Hope that helped

4. bomb, thanks for the thorough info... the only problem is we're running a soil setup, not hydro, but thanks for trying to explain so well

5. its said you dont need to flush using organics & if you do its cause theres something wrong with your plants,but i use organic soil & nutes & flush every 3-4 weeks all the way through veg & flowering.
    the reason is you usually get some sort of toxic build up or other problems ,so i flush using a very weak nutrient solution this stops the chances of nute lock out, which the plant will do if you flush with plain water ,as it goes into self preservation mode thinking its not getting anymore nutes so stores the remaining nutes to use for the rest of its life. which is bad so flush using a very mild nute solution & your cool:)

happy growing M.:smoking: