Is electricity going to be an indicator?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Impulse718, Sep 3, 2008.

1. is the amount of electricity going to be an indicator i'm growing?

currently i only have 2 400watt hps/mh lamps that are running 24/0 but since this is my first grow i was wondering if this will increase my electricity bill by a lot.

if things go well i plan on upgrading to 1000watt each.

i guess i'm just worried that my use of electricity will jump by a lot

2. Id pay $80 extra a month if I had 2 400's running 24/7, it all depends on what the power company is charging you in your area. Mine is between 13 and 15 cents per kwH.

$80 probably isnt gonna make them think anything strange in my opinion. Try to do things around the house to save energy, turn your lights off, switch all your houselights to CFL's, go to the laundrymat, stuff like that if you are worried about it

3. thanks for the fast reply.

another question i have is, can i save power by setting my plants out in the room with my blinds open so they can get natural sunlight and when its dark turn them back on?

i have my own place so its not that big of a deal.

4. Well yeah anytime the light isnt on, you would be saving money. Once you start flowering and go to a 12/12 light cycle, you can cut whatever they are charging you in half too. Or are you growing autoflowers and need the lights on 24/7?

5. Nice link man!! Now Impulse go find your elec bill and figure out what they are charging you per kwH. Mine is broken down into supply, distribution, and transmission. If yours is like that you got to add all 3 up.

6. nope not autoflowering, i was wondering if it will affect my plants in a negative way to have it out in the open without lights on

7. Not sure about that, never tried it.

8. if you get auto-flower seeds, you leave the lights on for 24/7?