Is COVID 19 overblown?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Ultramaxx, Dec 23, 2021.

1. #101 1973PortlandToker, Jul 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    COVID may get even more creative. For example --

Remember that Omicron developed in the bodies of HIV victims in Africa. The weakened immune systems of AIDS patients allows the virus a longer time to mutate before the immune system can destroy it.

Also, Omicron may have picked up parts of the common cold virus. This may explain Omicron's (and now BA.5's) greater transmissibility.
    Omicron variant may have picked up a piece of common-cold virus

So, if Omicron can incorporate portions of the cold virus, it might also incorporate portions of the HIV virus in the weakened immune systems of AIDS patients.

Wouldn't that be interesting? An extremely contagious COVID variant that is able to evade the immunity of vaccines and spread HIV to people all over the world.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Thanks a lot, Manbearpig!

You are so done for next time we cross pathes..

• Like Like x 2
  3. No shot for megot Covid / my son and dad had it as well.
    I lost smell which is really weird when you have your hands in sticky bud and smell nothing. The headaches were the worst and no energy. I never stopped working - Igor 24 hour bug and that hit me wayyyy worse then covid.
    Son was 9. Wa s100% next day.
    dad lost taste - he has 2 shots and wasn’t right for couple weeks. Still has taste issues

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ya know there coming out with a 4th shot later this year, oh n mask r coming back then more quarantine. Oh wait what bout monkeypox? Who cares bout all this stuff b clean b happy b safe. Why keep talkin bout it?

5. iunno man you bumped the thread.. not me

6. San Francisco is state of emergency for monkey pox??? Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. #111 1973PortlandToker, Aug 18, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    "A dog belonging to a gay French couple has contracted monkeypox after sharing their bed"

https://nypost.com/2022/08/14/dog-reportedly-contracts-monkeypox-from-owners/

And this:

"The pet dog case, which was reported last week, confirms scientists' fears it is possible for the virus to be transmitted to animals.

"The incident on its own is not a concern, but there are fears the disease will rapidly evolve if it is passed into livestock or rodents who live in large groups and have close contact with people."

WHO confirms first case of monkeypox in a pet DOG, and warns virus could rapidly evolve in animals | Daily Mail Online

9. Nuthin good ever came out of San Fran except the 49ers in the 80s

• Like Like x 1
  10. Didn't read many responses, lots of insensitive posts. 1981 took me overseas, Asian populations wore masks all the time, Singapore Hong Kong, most everywhere the navy took me the next 20 yrs, all ways the same, masks. Lol, at first, I thought air quality. Nope, health hazards.

11. COVID isn't that big a deal. with all the 'creative' diagnosing for a high percentage of those deaths, I'm about as afraid of it as I am a cold, and I'm in the very highest risk group as an older guy with almost no immune system.

12. Did this ever happen ??
    it’s probably an Asian thing being forced on the western world now .

13. Had a discussion with my doctor the last time I saw her. She brow beat me trying to get me to get the vax, I refused. She tells me now that they think covid, while bad, isn't really that big a deal. She now recommends that the 'EXTREME' elderly get vaxxed but other than that, it's up to us. People who are paranoid about it, do what you want, wear a mask, wear two if you want, get a dozen vax shots if you want. But don't tell other people what they can and cannot do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1