Is COVID 19 overblown?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Ultramaxx, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Isn’t recovering rate 97% why is it considered so dangerous? It’s stronger then flu yet very contagious

2. Yes by design and being used the same way 9/11 was as justification to violate your rights

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. #3 Jsaunders, Dec 23, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    Yes people dying is bad but thats been happening sine the beginning of time

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. It's nice that YOU don't worry, but you are likely in better health and younger than I am. You seem to have a rather cavalier attitude about something that is likely to kill me and anyone over 65! My odds of surviving Covid would be slim. I am 74 years old, diabetic, overweight, have smoked cannabis for over 50 years, and I have a few other health conditions that may, or may not, affect my odds of survival.

As U.S. Nears 800,000 Virus Deaths, 1 of Every 100 Older Americans Has Perished
    They are among the most vaccinated groups, but people 65 and older make up about three-quarters of the nation’s coronavirus death toll.
    As U.S. Nears 800,000 Virus Deaths, 1 of Every 100 Older Americans Has Perished

Also...

"In the U.S. the population age 65 and older numbered 54.1 million in 2019 (the most recent year for which data are available). They represented 16% of the population, more than one in every seven Americans." https://acl.gov/sites/default/files... America/2020ProfileOlderAmericans.Final_.pdf

1% of 54,100,000 people is 541,000 people. Hundreds of thousands of families lost a loved one from Covid. How many more dead parents and grandparents do you need to make this seem "dangerous" to you?

Granny

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. My dad was fully vaccinated and he got Covid -
    Did I say to not get the vaccine?
    either way I don’t know if I want to be on this planet by the time I’m 74

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I also have friends that have been sick in bed for days… negative for covid and the flu - interesting

7. While it is significant, it is also overblown. Of those one in a hundred who have died, the vast majority had very little time left and likely had been praying not to see their next birthday for years. The vaccine is now available and anyone who wants it can get it. Mandatory vaccination, masks, not gathering, etc etc is infringing on everyone's rights. I would bet at least 3/4 of Americas have already had covid. No mater what we do, we are only protecting, at best, 1/4 of the population. Even if we enforced extreme lockdown measures i would bet by the end of 2022 at least 90% will have had it at least once.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The virus is real, everything else is a footnote.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. @Jsaunders Vaccination only REDUCES the risk of Covid, it's not 100% effective at preventing it. People with weak immune systems sometimes get almost no resistance even with a full vaccination.

And back in the 80s, I was sick in bed for about a week with one of the several forms of pneumonia. And many illnesses beyond the flu and Covid that can affect the lungs.Conditions like pneumonia and ARDS (Acute Respiratory Disease Syndrome) can cause breathing problems that put you flat on your back and can even be fatal. So your point is? :confused_2:

Hon, I do worry about your Dad's immune system. Since he caught Covid in spite of being vaxxed, it may be on the weak side. With Omicron able to re-infect folks who have already had Covid, he could easily get it again. You might consider suggesting that he take CBD, and look into ways to boost his immune system through diet.

In this study they looked at people taking Epidiolex (a purified CBD from cannabis) and matched them to others who were only using "conventional" medicine. Then they compared how many tested positive for Covid .

"Strikingly, only 1.2% of the patients prescribed CBD contracted SARS-CoV-2 whereas 12.2% of the matched, non-cannabinoid patients tested positive".

Cannabidiol Inhibits SARS-CoV-2 Replication and Promotes the Host Innate Immune Response. (USA) Cannabidiol Inhibits SARS-CoV-2 Replication and Promotes the Host Innate Immune Response

What a lot of people don't seem to realize is that Covid mutates at the drop of a hat! If 2 strains of Covid happen to be caught by one person, the viruses can swap DNA and produce a brand new variety. Even worse, the viruses don't even have to be the same type- Omicron appears to have grabbed a bit of Common Cold DNA! :eek2: So we could easily get a strain that has the infectiousness of Omicron and the fatality rate of Delta, or even worse!

Look, the flu is usually not too fatal- only a few folks, usually just older ones, die. But in 1918 the flu mutated to a more deadly form that killed the young and healthy.

"The high mortality in healthy people, including those in the 20-40 year age group, was a unique feature of this pandemic." History of 1918 Flu Pandemic | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC

Nothing is stopping Covid from mutating like that flu did.

"the vast majority had very little time left and likely had been praying not to see their next birthday for years." In what freakin' world do you live? Wait until you hit your 70s- you will be doing your dangedest to keep on living! The will to live is VERY strong!

Granny

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. The worst thing is vaccination of healthy children. The odds of a child getting seriously ill from Covid are very low, and death from it, for a child, is nearly impossible. Less than 1000 children have died with Covid, in America. Out of 73 million children, 1000 could die from anything. There is no reason to jab children, unles they're in a small, high risk category.

December 16. 2021:

Mortality (45 states, NYC, PR and GU reported)*
    • Among states reporting, children were 0.00%-0.27% of all COVID-19 deaths, and 6 states reported zero child deaths
    • In states reporting, 0.00%-0.03% of all child COVID-19 cases resulted in death
    https://www.aap.org/en/pages/2019-n...hildren-and-covid-19-state-level-data-report/

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. The worst part of covid is the authoritarianism that it’s birthing.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Authoritarianism is independent of the pandemic.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. It isn't established that you can get covid multiple times.

Of the very few cases, false positives are most likely or there would be way more cases.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #14 cigarjack, Dec 23, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2021

15. My 17 year old perfectly healthy fully vaccinated niece got it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. #16 cigarjack, Dec 23, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
    The basis of every effort the gov't has made, is authoritarianism.

17. The worst part is the denouncing of those who don’t get the vaccine…..

We have freedom of choice in this country - mandates are bullshit esp since vaccinated still get sick/pass it to others and die

the hospitals were always non stop busy even before covid started

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. I made my own vaccine, its safer and more effective.

I'll prove it in 72 years.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. You don't age on the inside, mate. At 74 you'll still have your same mind and feel the same as you do now. At least that's how it works for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Cumulative counting for a seasonal respiratory illness must be recalibrated to annual counting. All covid deaths and disease should be divided by at least 2.5 to get a more honest number.

• Like Like x 1