Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

- Is college necessary?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EddieNashton, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Well people like me are so fucked in the head we need the hot tub with bitches. If you aren't doing shit else with life it IS a good idea to go to college. College takes you further. And i don't know about you but i have never aimed to be mediocre.

2. #82 WeedBratton, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
    I'm not saying you can't survive off of hourly wages, some people work in businesses where hourly wages are the only method of pay, in which case there is more room for growth.

But, most of the time, hourly wages are dead end jobs, most industries turn pay employees highly with salaries and bonuses - namely, the ones the OP was talking about. Mine was not a blanket statement, it was tailored towards the OP and what he said in his first post, some it applies in other situations and some of it does not. You can't apply it to every situation with the most incredibly random variables. Most of the time, college is a good thing, sure you end up in debt, but if you did what you were supposed to do in college, your degree will earn you a job that will pay you enough to pay those loans back.

3. i wish it was so i mean that scenario does rarely play out still even now a days tons of college graduates take jobs not in their field of choice for a long long time because they have no choice i mean really do you not notice this. I have worked with to many people that u know do all the right things and are still paying its not like their entire paycheck can go to the college debt, they have other things to worry about and pay money to in their lives and that debt can really keep u choked up for a way longer time then u think i have seen it on multiple occasions from coworkers to friends to family. Hey i am not saying college is bad i mean if u got a full scholarship to a badass engineering college you got a bright future ahead of you by all means college will benefit that person. Anything science/law/medical/teaching all noble fields to choose from is worth going to college for and is required without question. When i need heart surgery and i walk in to that doctors office i better mother fuckin see some crazy ass degrees/certificates on the wall lol i do not want no google trained surgeon lol.

4. lol if you're are not doing shit else with life it is not a good idea to go to college to answer your problems that said person needs to do some soul searching and then seek out options sounds like for that said person military might not be a bad idea then college hey its free then why not right.