Is Cannabis a Gateway Drug?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by budlover13, Oct 21, 2010.

1. I believe it is, but only because of the drug dealers you have to associate with. When they get something new, they offer it either cheap or free. If someone sticks with ONLY cannabis, then no it isn't a Gateway drug, but the association with drug dealers introduces most to more than cannabis.

2. the gatoraid next to the beer at a 7/11 is also a gateway drug

everything is a gateway if you look at it from a certain angle

3. Possibly. Is Alcohol a gateway drug? Yes. Is Tobacco a gateway drug? Correct

4. Weed is a gateway drug. FROM harder drugs. When herion addicts are going through withdrawl, they can smoke to alleviate the symptoms. Saying it leads to harder drugs, though, is like saying milk leads to beer.

5. That is exactly the point I was trying to make. If you are introduced to cannabis by someone who deals other drugs, you are more likely to try, just because it's available. If cannabis is sold like alcohol, and along side it, people will claim that cannabis is the reason people are drinking.

6. If you buy candy as a child on the same block as a liquor store, you will defs become an alcoholic

7. If you have very little self control anything is a gateway drug man.

8. Order of the "gateway" drugs:

1. Caffeine
    2. Alcohol
    3. Tobacco
    4. Marijuana

The average kid who smokes weed does so only after trying three other drugs.

9. WTF?! I've never drank coffee, I HATE it. I tried drinking after I started smoking, and never liked it. And I will never touch tobacco in my life, nor any other drug besides THC!

10. Caffeine is in alot of things man. And you've probably smoked a blunt or taken Tylenol before...

11. This is true. I have a very addictive personality. "If a little feels good, a lot must feel great!" Cannabis actually helps me fight the urge to screw up!

12. I do enjoy the occasional chocolate, but besides that I don't eat anything that includes caffeine for the purpose of getting a caffeine high. Yes, I've smoked blunts before, but there is no actual tobacco there. It's just the leaf. And, Tylenol???????

13. friends, tv, and music are gateway drugs. not marijuana

14. I am a gateway drug

15. You dont like cokes?:confused:
    To gangrape

16. To be honest, I don't drink soda.

17. Tylenol is a more dangerous drug than THC, and I'm guessing you've had headache before.

18. I sound like a complete dick here, but I have never taken Tylenol for anything. As a child I remember taking motrin for headaches, etc. But now that I make my own decisions, I tend to not take any medicine that I don't HAVE to. I am blessed to get headaches maybe once every 2 years, so that's not a concern.

19. Hahah well I didn't see that coming, and I barely have headaches since I started smoking the ganja.

20. Cannabis has helped me in so many ways I don't think I can list them all. Here it goes though:

1) Pain Relief. which leads to
    2) The ability to play catch with ny son again. Which leads to
    3) It relieves the depression that comes and goes. If I'm not smoking, my mind runs a million miles a minute. Some thoughts are good, some are bad. When not smoking, I tend to focus on the bad. When smoking, I tend to look @ the brighter side of things. Which leads to
    4) A better attitude towards life and family. (I tend to be pessimistic when not smoking. Still am while smoking, just not nearly as bad.)

Here are 4, can't really think of any negatives other than the dangers of smoking. I'm trying to save up for a Volcano!