Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is buying a vape worth it? (health & intensity concerns)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Splitt, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Hey I'm very interested in buying a vaporizer. The problem is I've heard a lot of mixed thoughts about it. I'm mainly concerned about 2 factors and they are: health and intensity vs. other tools/devices. Right now I'm using a waterfall bong because after some research they seem to be the healthiest choice while still giving an intense high. I play Jr. A hockey which is why I'm so concerned about health, but I love being completely faded whenever I can. :)

Some people say that vapes use less ganja to give you the same high as other tools. While some people don't like vapes because the high is different and less intense. I haven't had the opportunity to try one for myself so I'm hoping to get some detailed replies if possible.

Just so no one is confused about what I'm asking I'll simplify my questions:

• Is it worth buying a vaporizer to get really high?
    • How much ganja would it take to get "right ripped" using a vape? (assuming an average smoker; 5-7 smoke sessions a week.)
    • How much healthier is it compared to a bong?

2. Is it worth buying a vaporizer to get really high?
    Yes. Buy a good one.
    How much ganja would it take to get "right ripped" using a vape? (assuming an average smoker; 5-7 smoke sessions a week.)
    Not much at all, and you can get very high off the same bowl multiple times since it doesn't burn
    How much healthier is it compared to a bong?
    There is no combustion so quite a bit better for you

3. Alright sweet, I'd love to hear more people's opinions. Any suggestions on what a "good" one is?

4. I have a volcano classic and since I got it 6 months ago I think i've smoked one joint, and it was because I didn't have the volcano available :)

It really just depends on how much money you have to spend on it - Volcanos cost 500-600, you can get other vapes for as low as 60 bucks.

Really just depends on you ;)

5. In my experience if you dont want to spend to much money, Da budha seems like its fairly good

6. Something to note about the volcano high (and I assume good vapes) is that while yeah, you can get total headshots the build-up to the high is much more subtle, takes about 10 minutes for it to fully kick in and then you're really high :)

7. One word, Vaporgenie.

Google it, it rocks dude. Trust me. You can blaze at the movie theatre, no one would know. No one would know.

Do it in the bathroom of course lol

8. Yes, I have one and it goes even further than that as it will save even more money since it only needs a tiny amount of bud. I'll puit a few sprinkles of finely ground bud, maybe .3, and I'll get somewhere around 20 thick hits. It's just a different high, it leaves people with any empty feeling so you will still want to (and should) smoke sometimes.

I've been loving my vape. It doesn't give off any smelll as long as you've got it on the right temp so I can sit here at my dad's and be high all day and no one even knows. Vape high also lasts noticeably longer, btw.

9. Sounds absolutely perfect lol

10. its a must have.

11. Two words. Iolite portable! There are vape dealers out here in the dispensaries that sell this model for less than 200 bucks. Better idea if you're worried about carcinogens, I wonder what cancer patients do instead of smoking it...edibles? I heard a study that the use of cannabis in cancer patients were shown to actually reduce the size of the tumors. I'm not positive though. My dispensary guy swears by the vape. Give it a shot, you can never have too many smoking devices :D

12. I just got a vap and a new bong in the last 6 months and I love both. I believe no matter what you use you need to switch up. If I use my vap for like 2 months straight I'll kind of get used to it and not feel as high. Then I would switch to a spoon or bong etc and it changes. When i get sick of that I go back to the vap and its like the first time using it.

Overall I'd highly recommend a vap. I have DaBuddha and recommend it. Good vap good price.

13. Does anyone think splitting the cost between multiple people is a good idea?

14. Thanks for the suggestions, something portable would be excellent! Then again, I dont wanna spend too much either lol

15. Thats what I did. Two of my boys and myself threw in 50 bucks each. Made sense to us and we haven't had any disagreements or whatever. :cool:
    But maybe because we live next door to each other lol.

16. haha yeah thats sweet, thats what I was thinkin

17. If you buy a fairly good one like Vaporbrothers. It should be AMAZING purchase you will be glad you made for years lol.

18. out of curiosity (since i'm looking into the vape market as well) how does the vaporbros stack up to the other vaporizers? in terms of intensity and overall experience relative to cost..

is the whip attachment really better than the hand held whip? i figure the hand held one might be better since you can rotate the bowl and vape teh herb more evenly

19. Vapir Oxygen vaporizer!

I've got one, it works really well. Plugs into the wall or I can plug it into the battery instead if I want it portable. Pretty small, probably the length of your hand, so you could bring it into a movie theater in your coat or something.
    And it comes with all the brushes and stuff to clean it.

20. NO! NO! NO! Vapir's are HORRIBLE products. Read about people's experiences online. Absolute trash of the vaporizer market.

How does the VaporBros stack up? It isn't a very good vaporizer when you compare it to other vaporizers within the same price range. The Da Buddha costs the same (although on the 15th it will go up 40 more dollars), for example. The body of the VaporBros is made out of wood whereas the Da Buddha is made out of aluminum. The heater angle on the VaporBros model is such that herb in the tube will fall into the heater and cause combustion (very, VERY annoying). Also, the air intake is underneath the unit so you inhale whatever dust, debris or shit that is on the surface that the vaporizer is laying on. The air intake on the Da Buddha is right below the hot tip of the ceramic heater. Therefore you get fresh air.

Looking for a 'cheap' portable? Consider the Launch Box. It uses batteries but is VERY efficient and small. It is also only 80 dollars.