Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is buying a vape even worth it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FRESH_SMOKERR, Jul 10, 2015.

1. I have plenty of money to spare and I'm tired of spoons. I want to invest in a nice vape pen.

I'm just wondering is it even worth it? With all the charging, slow burning, and all that happens should I just stick to my spoon?

Thanks, any suggestions would be appreciated!

2. #2 Sweet Leaf Junkie, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
    I bought a pax a few years ago and used it daily for awhile.. Honestly, for me, it got old. I haven't used it in probably 6 months.. In fact, I'm not even sure where it is.

Don't get me wrong, the thing is awesome for what it is, but at the end of the day I'd rather milk my bong. You won't know until you buy one.

3. I just got my vape. I enjoy it very much. But then again it may get boring after awhile. Because I do love combustion but currently my vape does combust until I get a screen for it.

4. Pax got old for me too, huge buyers remorse. Seemed great at the time but the battery just never held a charge long and I recently pulled it out of storage after a month... Won't even take a charge now. I'll have to clean it out and send it back for a replacement battery.
    Back to OPs question:
    If you have the option to use a tabletop vape, don't settle for a portable unless you're always on the go. I have a Da Buddha which you can get for cheaper than the new Pax2. The difference between the Da Buddha and my pax or mflb is night and day. Full cloudy vapor hits and with the whip I can hit it through my bong. It's made vaping infinitely more enjoyable than smoking. Even if I do like to roll a J now or then heh.

5. So pretty what all you guys are saying is that vape's are pretty nice and convenient at first but you'd get bored of them in the long run?

6. The first thing you need to decide on is, do you need a portable vape or desk top vape. Depending on your needs/wants that will narrow down your decision. Assuming you want a portable vape, most chambers are small, enough to hold enough for one person perhaps two. The high is very different from combustion high. Not in a bad way just different. And this depends on your current tolerance level if you decide to buy one now. Grinding is a must for vaping. So the old school tearing the herb apart with your fingers is out. With vaping you get ABV which you can turn into edibles or oil. But if you to burn you have three choices, one buy a vape , two save the money for more herb or three donate the money to me.

7. Thank you very much. That was informative.

No money will be donated, I will buy more herbs. I'll stick to my spoon and blunts. [​IMG]

8. Nah I think you missed my point. Getting a vape is totally worth it, just do some research into what will work for you. I was just mentioning that a plug-in desktop vape is going to be significantly more effective than most portables. When I'm on the go I like to use an mflb (folks either hate it or love it). Heats fast, holds a decent amount of bud in the trench, you can actually SEE how much vapor it's producing. Everything's got it's pros and cons, it's important to do a little research to find the right device to fit your needs.

9. That does seem to happen to a lot of people, yes.

I don't think that will ever happen to me, personally because I quite enjoy the health benefits and improved flavor of vaping. If I were a young person starting over fresh in this day and age, I would definitely skip the smoking step entirely and go straight to vaping and edibles. :)

10. If you are concerned with getting bored with a vape, then make sure you get a quality one. If it feels like you are starting to get bored of vaping, get a second vape that operates differently. Now you can switch between the 2 and prevent boredom of vaping. Sounds expensive but in the long run, you are saving money by vaping vs smoking.

11. i love my vape. doesn't stink and i feel its more clean

12. I got a Pax a while ago and love it. Saves me weed, I save up ABV, and is lowkey. Only pain is cleaning it cause you can tell when the hits are worse when dirty.

13. For outside of the house use a vape pen is a must have. Indoor at home depending on how high you want to get it won't reach a rig high.

Look into a e-nail for ease of use at home

14. How much money are you looking to spend? You can buy a desk top vape or a portable vape.

Vaporizers are a different type of high, if not a better high than when combusting herb.

I bought The FireFly portable vape a month or two back and i like it. It saves a lot of money even though i spent $240 on it. It's an investment in the long run. The battery life on the FireFly isn't great, and it takes a couple tries to learn how to use it properly. It's like smoking for the first time, you don't really know how to exactly and can't tell if you're high.

Like everybody else said, it does get old after a while but I haven't put mine away yet. The only time i will not bring it with me is if ill be with more than 2 people. Just because its too much of a hassle to keep reloading, teaching people how to use it and hit it properly, Then the battery dies.

15. I love my vapes. i never rarely combust anymore, ill only do it if its offered to me in that manner. My EQ and Solo do the job every time. smoking feels so dirty to me know. I love vapor bonging though.

16. I prefer vaping to combustion. I use a Firefly convection vaporizer and a vape pen for concentrate cartridges. I also save my ABV.

17. My roommates don't let me smoke inside so i just use my pax and the smell only seeps outside my room when i smoke on high

18. #18 enjoyandlive, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
    Vape pens are inferior to something such as a MFLB or paxin terms of effectiveness. pens has mobility and discreetness, but 90% of vape pens out there just combust and don't actually vaporize. t vape is an exception. they save a lot of weed you only need to hit .1-.3 to get high every time and the money spent on it initially pays for itself over time

19. I definitely think its worth it if you have the money, I wish I bought one a long time ago. I have a SOLO.
    You should try vaping first before buying one though. Its much different forsure, a lot of times I would rather burn because it gives you that punch in the face, especially if youre hitting a bong.

Its good for what it is, you get a lot of THC out of your bud but not so much the CBD. It conserves your bud and doesnt reak. Just depends what youre looking for.

20. Imo, HELL YEAH!