Is Botanicare Cal-Mag plus supposed to smell like listerine????

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by jb1128, Apr 24, 2013.

1. I got my new water pump for my aero cloner today after waiting 12 days, but when I opened the box there was a quart of CAL-MAG in it,at first I did not know if it was a freebe or some one messed up and added it to my order,then I thought wait I had words with them and gave them bad reviews and am starting to think set up,the bottle was taped closed and when I removed the tape and unscreded the cap the inner lining came right off so I took a wiff and it smells like listerine...is it sopposed to smell like that??????

2. Wow, scary! Never smelled cal mag but it probably shouldn't smell like listerine... Sorry I don't have an answer so I guess this is just a bump for answers... If it turns out to be tampered with then you should totally let us know who sold it to you so we can avoid them like the plague. That's messed up.

3. Yeah it smells like that just checked mine

4. Mine smells strange too like that

5. It smells like a mix of neem oil and something else. Can't put my finger on it, but it has a strange smell to it. Many of the nutes do.

6. I called Botanicare last night,got transfered to someone who transfered me to someone else who knows,he said theit does have a SLIGHT listerine smell,and the inner seal should have been sealed on,when i peeled off the packing tape and unscrewed the cap the seal came right off and when I put my nose to the bottle the smell smacked me right in the face,it was a real heavy smell and I was told the the color should be a redish color and this shits color was the same color as listerine (I should know I have been useing it for more than 40 years),and I never ordered it,like I said I thought it was afreebe or some one at the site that packed my order just messed up,but nope they tried to set me up,I poured that shit down the drain last night and my drain still stinks of it!!! this is them dont use them..........Discount Specialty Farm, Greenhouse & Garden Supply Store: Horticulture Source

7. #7 MyDogSmokesWeed, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2013
    Stop using shitty garden stores. Amazon is so much easier and you don't have to worry about that crap. You just call up amazon, bitch to them, and they give you a refund and other gifts. I just got a $30 gift card from them for complaining about a plant I bought from someone (not even amazon), but since it was on their site they refunded what I paid and gave me a credit. I don't mess with the small, crappy shops. Amazon is easier and almost always cheaper.

8. 100% real, I have a kick ass setup as far as my equipment goes, and I paid pennies on the dollar on Amazon by shopping around. If I would have bought all my stuff at a hydro store I would have easily paid a few thousand. I'm under 1000, and like I said, I have a pretty kick ass setup if I do say so. I like it anyway.

9. thanks MyDog,if you click on the site and check them out they have everything under the sun for growing and theymake it look like they have great prices,untill you hit check out,shipping cost was almost as much as what I ordered and since I only ordered 48 bucks worth of stuff they hit me with a 5 dollar low order fee and I had to wait 5 day ( not including the weekend) till they got around to shipping it out,thats why ?I had words with them assholes and there custermer service sucks they dont talk to you on the phone,only through E-mail and there responce is just a form letter...

10. I saw the site and frankly it's a place I would never dare order from. If you have this much $ to just throw away you should seriously shop around for the best prices. You seem to waste a lot of money on stuff that isn't really a big deal.

11. Thats wild man.

I got my cal-mag from someone that used alittle of it.Im using CaliMagic right now though but may ryn a test in one of my buckets next res change wich is tomarrow.

Im not sure but this may be the last change with nutrient water.Atleast with the big ones but alot of variables play into this.

Stay away from shaddy looking sites.

12. #12 jb1128, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
    You live and you learn I always say,they looked like they had really good prices so I figured I would give them a try,but they screwed them selfs if I would have seen the many many bad reviews before I placed my order I never would have placed it,
    but a lot of other sites do,do price matching I found the CO2 system I wanted in that B/S site for 98.99 most other sites sell it anywhere from 120.00 to one forty,I was dealing with another site for a while and they where always pretty good ( I should have just stayed with them,they have the same 02 system for 123.00,so I messaged them and told them I found it for a lot less and gave them the link to the 02 system and they said sure we will match that price so I am placeing my order on friday..
    I was also going to buy a nice shiny new 20 gal tank,but I called a welding supply place I have delt with may times near me and they said you cant get a tank filled,you can only exchange them,So istead of buying a tank i will just put a deposit on one of there tanks for 45 bucks and the price of the 02 is 22 bucks for a 50 lb tank,when I no longer need the 02 I bring the tank back and get my 45 bucks back...