Is BoroMarket one of a kind?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by jayhawks22, May 11, 2011.

1. Basically, I'm sick of waiting for a subscription. I've been wanting to purchase some heady glass for awhile, but the glass at my local shops are outrageously overpriced. Is there an alternative to Boro Market? If so, please let me know

2. showmeglass.com...but it's its completely unprotected and has little activity. There is really no true alternative to BM, at least when it comes to the protection of its members and quantity of high end glass.

3. Just gotta wait for an invite, boromarket is unmatched right now.

4. But really is there buyer protection? Like how does it work. Are you gonna call the police and say this kid didn't sell me a used bong I paid for

5. none of the items on boro are labeled as bongs or anything of the sort. you cant even mention the functionality of an item when listing it. all items sold on boro are ART only.

6. Yeah dude and I can also call a cat a dog. But at the end of the day a bong is a bong. And most them are used I'm sure there is a slight trace amounts of resin left in every piece no matter well we soak and clean our pieces

7. #7 smilyagent, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    and your point? Boro market gos by a review system, I just upgraded my membership to a seller a count and I had to go through a process before I got confirmed, they had to contact other glassblowers to confirm who I was. They check the sellers pretty through before they let anyone sell.

8. Pretty silly how they closed subscriptions.

9. Not really, its for serious collectors, not college kids that want to pick up a deal on a "second hand bong" instead of a piece of collectible art. Its not what people think either its mostly high end shit that not many people on this website can afford anyways.

10. I know all about boromarket trust me. I'm sorry I dont put every glassblowers name of pieces I own in my sig but I own high end glass. I know every slang word and type of perc Ect.

11. Code:

You just asked about boromarket
    "But really is there buyer protection? Like how does it work. Are you gonna call the police and say this kid didn't sell me a used bong I paid for"

It's pretty protected

12. Wow I can take it out if it makes you feel any better about not getting an invite :D:wave:

Edit: I would contact the authorities if someone scammed me, but I don't see that happening with the members that are there. Its a great community.

13. Seems it would be best for everyone if they allowed anyone to buy but screened the sellers. How do I prove I love glass and continue and advance my collection from Utah? Kinda sucks...

14. #14 smilyagent, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    But then tons of people will join and bid on stuff they never intend on actually buying and they can ruin the auctions. I feel for everyone outside boromarket, I had to wait a while to get an account and it sucked. Mabe the invite system will be pretty stocked with invites

15. Yea there was a problem I think with bidders that weren't buying shit they bid on and won thats why they closed them.

16. wow you sound like a huge douche-bag acting like you are superior or someshit.

17. Ah I see that point. Maybe they should put in an escrow system. You have to have money in a escrow type account to bid. Can't spend more than you have escrowed...that way the seller would be protected knowing the money is there... just a thought... for instance I wouldn't expect you to blow me glass without an initial payment and investment from me. ..

18. Now there's an idea : ), that's would be a awesome feature.

19. #19 122walls, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yea sounds douchy but lets give him the benefit of the doubt

20. #20 122walls, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thanks! I think it would benefit EVERYONE.