Is Anyone Else Tired Of "Real Hip-Hop"?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ChaosSquirtle, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Nobody cares shut up

2. obviously u dont know what real hip hop is...go listen to lil wayne gtfo!

3. Nah those people are stupid.

4. #44 ASAPDEV, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    [quote name='"matik1"']

no shit it's popular doesn't mean that's good...idiot.

You're an example...how bout that? is that evidence enough? Morals have degraded....more so than the past...if you weren't so closed minded you'd see that...[/quote]

facepalm. Are you mentally handicapped? Your reading comprehension is just hysterical. Nowhere did I mention that popular music is inherently or.necessarily good. You need to retake 4th grade English before you speak up to the big boys. ;)
    I'm more open minded than you for the record as I listen to old shit new shit underground shit and mainstream shit. Not to mention that same shit from OTHER genres. Compared to you having a prerequisite style before you evenopen your ears to it. How's THAT for close minded.
    Its ok. I used to be like you. But when you hop off the bandwagon and can actually form your own opinion and listen to what you WANT to listen to then you can come have a mature discussion with me. ;)

[quote name='"matik1"']

And you say music isn't a main influence in peoples lives....what a fuckin hypocrite..[/quote]

*sigh*
    Do you really want to go there?
    Because if you put the music you regard as good, i.e. this conscience rap, poetic rap, political rap,etc., you surely don't hold true to the stereotype.
    See, most people that listen to music like that have.. um.. what's a good word...uh.. Oh yeah 'Intelligence'... And can actually form what we smart people call coherent thoughts.

You say I'm a hypocrite? You're a living contradiction. How about those apples?

Name-Calling/Disrespect is not allowed here. - KSR

5. #45 ASAPDEV, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    Morals never changed. It's still wrong to kill people. It's still wrong to be racist. It's the rebellion of the youth that you have a problem with, but guess what THE YOUTH REBELS. and this has been tradition through ALL generations.
    If you read a book you would know that.

Protip: just stop speaking from ur ass. it's only making you look like one.
    if you can't, just stop posting before i embarrass you further

6. <<< all dese chicks poppin pussy um just poppin bandz

7. Bands a maker her dance

8. Morals do change.

Did the most popular black music glorify money and riches during the Harlem Renaissance or the Hip Hop Renaissance?

Glorifying money is not rebellion, it never was. It's the product of social conditioning to keep the rat race going. Our people's entire culture has been reduced to a cheap pyramid scheme.

9. Hip-hop>hip-pop. That's all

10. Kid...Yeah you did you started a whole thread saying it's good this blah blah better than the classics back then...blah blah blah...kid...if you have to result to teasing and trying to prove yourself to protect your ego size tumor in your head, then obviously you can't have a mature discussion to begin with. There's no need to reason with your bigotry.

11. THIS...lol at the dude sounding like a knows it all...kids now days. tsk tsk tsk

12. #52 ASAPDEV, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    [quote name='"Messiah Decoy"']
    Morals do change.

Did the most popular black music glorify money and riches during the Harlem Renaissance or the Hip Hop Renaissance?

Glorifying money is not rebellion, it never was. It's the product of social conditioning to keep the rat race going. Our people's entire culture has been reduced to a cheap pyramid scheme.[/quote]

Uh yeah it did, actually. So you're saying braggadocio was not present during that time? Let me put a couple names on the table. KRS-One. Notorious B.I.G. They both rapped about materials and negativity. Especially the latter.
    Why is it that it's ok during the Harlem renaissance mainstream, but not ok in modern mainstream?

And besides, glorifying money does not fit the definition of rebellion. I didn't even bring that up.
    What I'm trying to put forth on the table that a lot of you seem to deny is that the mainstream back then, in essence, is not much different in comparison to now.

Just really analyze your old mainstream music. Tell me what you find different. I'm sure you will say like the rest of the bandwagon that there are also deeper messages in some of the songs, but the same can be said of some modern mainstream.

I can tell a lot of you just don't listen to mainstream artists as much so of course you wouldn't know. Trust me. I listened to everything man. I used to think like y'all about the mainstream.

[quote name='"matik1"']

Kid...Yeah you did you started a whole thread saying it's good this blah blah better than the classics back then...blah blah blah...kid...if you have to result to teasing and trying to prove yourself to protect your ego size tumor in your head, then obviously you can't have a mature discussion to begin with. There's no need to reason with your bigotry.[/quote]

once again you prove your reading comprehension is less than adequate. Clearly I said that not ALL is good. Just like not all of 90s rap is good.

And I love how you try to say I have an ego and a bigot when clearly you claim your music is better than others (ego) and that you don't listen to mainstream at all (bigotry)

So not only are you a contradiction but a hypocrite as well. Lol
    Please do yourself a favor and get off your high horse. Just continue to add on to peoples more cogent arguments and act as if you have sense as you have just done with your last post. :)
    And for the record as can be proven by your FIRST post in my topic, that you were the first one to start teasing and name calling. But of course even short term memory is out of the question for a person as slow as you. Lol Honestly it was fun making you look like a dumbass. Haha

13. It actually makes me happy that I can spout an unpopular opinion and can actually back it up.

I can only hope that someone with an open mind can actually comprehend what I'm saying, or at least use it as food for thought because most people have an already biased opinion on the subject.

14. mainstream is for dick riders that wanna be up beat with a trend or like it just because everyone else likes it......assmouthdev is troll...

15. [quote name='"greenharvest"']mainstream is for dick riders that wanna be up beat with a trend or like it just because everyone else likes it......assmouthdev is troll...[/quote]

Thanks for your shattered opinion.

16. :wave::wave:

17. Phonte one of my favorite rappers nobody ever mentions him!!!

The problem is music is subjective.

People can say nas is the best rapper ever, and 7/10 agree with it

People can say lil wayne is the best rapper ever, 3/10 agree with it

Whos to say whos wrong? Thats where logic should come into play, but peoples mindsets are so clouded by flashy images, ciroc, and big titties that we dont apply logic.

The other half just comes from being ignorant.

Not knowing whats out there outside of YMCMB or MMG or Kanye and Jay
    Or even nas for that matter

Guarantee if Everyone listened to Elzhi, you wouldnt even wanna listen to the radio hits

18. Asap name callig an disrespect dont fly here...deucez

19. why am i getting the flack when they started the disrespect first?
    disrespect doesnt fly with me. ever. so i will respond however i want to disrespect.

20. Eye for a eye the whole world blind.