Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is anyone else sick of misinformed dealers?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by OctoCamo, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Is it just me? Or is anyone else sick of the dealers that DON'T know their product? I mean, you get a new dealer, and ask him what he's selling. My best friend hooked me up with a dealer to buy bud. I meet the guy, and I ask him what's he's got. The response was basically "It's fire man, really good weed. I get it from NY."

I mean come on!

These are some of the other typical responses:

- "Oh, it's bomb ass shit son, it's good."
    - "It's hydro man, best shit ever."

Come the fuck on, I'm sick of these dime-a-dozen dealers. If I were to sell bud, I would know what strains I'm selling, what I think about it, any characteristics, the type of high, etc...

Anyone agree? Do you care what kind of bud you're getting? Or do you just try, and keep buying if it's good? I personally can't wait for dispensaries in PA.

2. #2 mrgoodsmoke, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
    You don't really know much about weed do you?

I mean, if you were a dealer, how would you know what strain you had if the guy just said, "some fire"?

You not gonna buy a bag of stinkin ass delicious weed because it doesn't have a name?

You gotta grow it to know what the name of your shit is. Even then the seedbank coulda mixed your shit up, and environment has more to do w/ how good your weed comes out than genetics in most cases. If you don't beleive me look at the bagseed grows in the growing sections here.

Then you gotta smoke it to know what kind of high. To be able to distinguish most, you'd need to have a connoseur's level of experience, and a poet's ability to articulate the compelxities of the distinctions you'd have to describe in order to properly tell people what to expect when they smoked it.

Bottom line.

Trust your nose and eyes, not your ears.

3. I live in cali so i don't really worry about the names, as long as it's not schwagg (which is rare in this state from what i've seen unless near the boarder) then i could give a fuck

4. How so?

5. I don't believe half the names my guy tells me, and this is a med state! I like dank bud. I don't give a fuck what it's called, just let me smoke it.

6. Dude is that the only part of the post you read??

7. #7 OctoCamo, Feb 29, 2012
    Oh, no dude. The rest wasn't there, did you edit it and add the rest in later? All that was there was "You don't much about weed do you?"

But, I understand what you are saying. I'm not saying I won't buy weed from dealers who don't know what it is, all I am saying is that it seems like you'd be taking better care of your customers.

8. Sorry man I need a bong hit. I know what kind of weed I have, because all the weed I smoke is grown by people that I know. So they order seeds, then they grow moms then make clones then flower em and a there's more than a few of us who all kind of swap around and what have you, everyone knowing what they're growing.

But if the grower goes off and dumps his whole crop on some guy to get rid of, and that guy doesn't catch the name of it, then everyone's fucked. The point is, it's probably some jack herer, or some blue dream, or some tahoe og, or some lavendar, but you'll never know. But that doesn't matter, because you're still smoking it. It gets you high just the same.

9. Hm. That's a good point. Lucky you man. I'm hoping to get growing within a few weeks once more taxing expenses are out of the way. You're right, not much I could do. If only medical marijuana could be legal in PA. Then I'd be set.

10. If you wanna start growing, you're in the right place. Everything you need to know is within a few clicks.

11. Yeah, it's common in the UK, they really don't have any respect for the weed, all they know is it makes them money

12. if it smells good as fuck, looks good as fuck, smoke it, i mean 95% of the stuff anyone here scores will never know the name of it, but it doesn't matter because marijuana will still do its medicinal benefits.
    i mean seriously guys, they're just names. commonly made up by all sorts of dealers

13. Some of the best weed I've ever smoked came without a name. I think it's arrogance (or a trade secret), because it really was the best weed, I was obliterated off 2 hits. If I had caught the name, I'd have been ordering seeds THAT DAY, and there might be more of his insanely good product going around. :D

14. I don't know but there seems to be a bit of an elitist vibe going on in here - this is nothing to get the shits with really.

It's just that, these folks get you weed right?
    Which means you rely on them to obtain what you're not in another position to.
    Putting aside the fact that they make money from you, essentially, I don't think most of you are buying direct from growers are you?
    Most likely you're buying from a guy that buys from a guy that buys from a guy that *might* be the guy that buys from the grower/s. That is, IF the chain is that short.

Does a guy that sells you a table have a history on where the wood is from and who carved it? Or does he just know maybe a bit about the quality and HIS pricetag?
    You don't expect a guy on a Playstation helpline to know about each individual component that goes into a console either.
    Nor a bottleshop guy to have background information on the history of the vineyard that produced that $5 cask of red you're considering.

I'm just saying, at the level you're probably dealing with - I'd say a lot of information simply isn't passed down.
    Considering the MAJORITY of stoners seem to think smell is the main quality point, I'd say that anything further isn't really considered pertinent information.

Of course a person selling bud 9 times out of 10 doesn't give a fuck about it.
    Most I'd say would have sampled it and ought to give you an honest review...if they're towards the ethical side they will.
    There are more important factors to worry about.
    Are they honest? Are they prompt? Do they provide on an ongoing basis?

To get annoyed that they don't know where/who grew the weed and what strain it is....well, I'll just say this - most guys that WILL tell you this information are likely talking out their ass. I'd rather lack of info than bullshit.
    Their knowledge or lack thereof really shouldn't effect your weed experience.

If you want "respect" of the product - go grow it yourself.

15. Yeh none of them know what sativa and indica is in my experience. My dealers tell are aware of their strains though as they text me "banging cheese/amnesia haze/blueberry/silver haze/blue cheese" etc. Whether these are actually the strains i do not know.

16. #16 BritBrit, Feb 29, 2012
    I totally disagree with you.

SWIM sells weed and he isn't always informed of what it is. He just reloads if it's obviously good stuff.

Stop being so damn picky.

Not in all cases

I know the difference. Banging cheese isn't a strain. Banging is just the description. Most of the strains you listed off are popular in this country so you're probably getting them. All nice strains in their own right.

Where in England you guys from?

17. It's worse when someone lies about their weed, so happy with my current guy haha

18. #18 Nicefudgenlife, Feb 29, 2012
    Edit: fuck it

19. Well that sounds stupid. Most of the time the dealer tacks on some bs name he decided to give it. Names dont matter. Quality isnt in a name.

20. [quote name='"Skyway"']Well that sounds stupid. Most of the time the dealer tacks on some bs name he decided to give it. Names dont matter. Quality isnt in a name.[/quote]

Exactly