Is an autoflower recommended for first grower?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by redmaster, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Hy, first of all i want to tell that i never smoked weed before, but a lot of jwh. But due to its illegality (here in romania) since november 2011 (i was still able to get it easily until feb. '12, ofc illegally) i decided to grow a plant, but im not sure about the strain i want, and not even if are autoflo strains recommended for first grow or not (if yes then my choise is dp auto blueberry). Any pros/cons are wellcome. One more thing: i read that jwh018 effect is similar to cannabis, but i would be pleased if someone would tell the differences. Thanks in advance.

2. synthetic cannabinoids are trash, thats the difference... why the fuck do you smoke that shit, I cant imagine that weed would be hard to get in romania >_>

autos are no easier to grow that other strains, the only difference is the flowering mechanism. if youre gonan grow indoors where you can control the light, there isnt much of a reason to choose an auto strain and the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. outside they can make sense for early harvests.

3. Very TRUE

4. I always thought people might choose an autoflower strain cause they tend to keep smaller, and flower faster?

5. [quote name='"Tyrae1"']I always thought people might choose an autoflower strain cause they tend to keep smaller, and flower faster?[/quote]

Not all stay small, or harvest faster it depends on the strain. They are far from useless indoors though. With a good setup, you can pull decent yields from some autos and finish quicker from seed than the majority of photo strains. They aren't any easier, just different but they have their place both indoors and out.

6. Well theres a bit of interesting information, might you know of an example of an autoflower strain that stays squat and flowers fast?

7. I am also interested in finding an auto that stays short/squat.

8. [quote name='"Tyrae1"']

Well theres a bit of interesting information, might you know of an example of an autoflower strain that stays squat and flowers fast?[/quote]

Mine all harvested at 65 to 70 days from seed, but didn't stay very small

ForumRunner_20130225_123522.png

9. #9 redmaster, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013

its hard for me, since i know nobody who sells, smokes it, or even knows a dealer/smoker. I dont have a point to start from.
    So growin` myself would do the trick.

10. sure or just ask someone or make friends

11. How many auto plant in that tent. I' ve got 2x2.5x7 tent, I'm thinking no more than three plants?
    I need to erect my tent to help judge capacity.

Thanks

12. [quote name='"Endirr"']

How many auto plant in that tent. I' ve got 2x2.5x7 tent, I'm thinking no more than three plants?
    I need to erect my tent to help judge capacity.

Thanks[/quote]

I ran seven in a 55 x 55 tent. Six would have been better with the 600w.

How many you can run depends on which strain you go with and how large they get. I would try two in that size, even then it may get tight. An absolute max in my opinion is one per square foot. Your tent could hold four five gallon pots but the plants would be fighting for canopy space if they got a decent size and you would probably net the same yield as two plants that got adequate light.

More could also fit if you wanted to trim side branches to attempt to force one cola plants. This generally isn't advised with autos though, as some believe the time the plant takes to repair the damage negatively effects yield. I haven't seen anyone actually try it as of yet.

You could run photos in a single cola sog type setup, but I'm not sure how yield would compare to just growing two decent sized plants.

13. I simply dont know anyone interested about weed, i dont know where to start to find a dealer.

14. #14 baumeister, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013
    dunno how old you are, but at school the cool smoking kids always know someone

15. ive finished school few years ago, but i doesnt know anyone even there...

16. Hello. ^^ I've been reading through this little conversation and thought I'd share my personal experience on the subject. I recently moved quite far from my original home. I have smoked for years now and made all my connections via high school. So when I moved I knew I'd have to find a new supplier but knowing that I'm not going back to school I knew I'd have my work cut out for me. It took me a couple weeks, but I'd basically just walk around. I'd walk through parks, skate parks, around school campuses, stoner shops, stoner resturants and just scoped the place out for someone who looks like they'd know. Since I smoke cigarettes as well I'd use that to 'break the ice' and start a conversation with someone. One day I got lucky and jumped the guy closing the head shop one night and he smoked me a spliff and been supplying me ever since.

If your determined, you can always find someone. :smoking:

17. Just to let you know you can trim autos.. As I train my autos mostly just the sativas I would leave it alone when it starts flowering. I have some blue mystic going right now after 2 weeks of veg it's already showing pre flowers! This bitch is fast and all the bud sites are tight as a but hole haha just don't trim more then 20% at a time! Then let it heal then repeat if you want