Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is Amsterdam worth it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JoeObey, Feb 12, 2012.

1. I have a chance to go to Amsterdam for 2 days all expenses paid.. but it'd be with my dad, and all his friends, none of my own friends, i'm close to my dad anyway, but it could mean i go off on my own and just smoke alone. I mean for anyone who's been? Can i literally go to a coffee shop and get stoned all day? Is it THAT good?

2. when else would you have this chance again? i would definitely go.

3. Free trip to Europe? Id take that with no thought. And its to Amsterdam- even better!

I would go

4. That and prostitution is legal, so you could go get really stoned then buy a hooker while your dad is out doing whatever he's doing.

5. Dude your dad and his friends secretly want to get stoned too man

6. 2 words... DO IT.

7. Which is the same thing his son is doing...

8. Yes it's that's good, just returned from my 3rd time there, go chill in a coffee shop and then walk around the canals. It's simply a beautiful place.

9. It's should be a no brainer. You would be stupid to not take the opportunity.

Whats the alternative? Stay home hang with friends or other things you can do pretty much everyday?

10. Smoke with your dad bro. What happens in Amsterdam stays in amsterdam

11. More than likely.

12. Better than Berlins motto, what happens in Berlin will scar you for life

13. I think I get what you're asking.

First, there's one major drawback to Amsterdam. That's price. Amsterdam knows about its own fame, and they charge a premium for it. Expect to pay on average $20 US/gram, and that's not even including hash, which can be out-the-roof.

Second, it's nothing huge, but Amsterdam weed is not the best grass in the world. Even though it hosted the cannabis cup, California, USA still has the best green on the planet. That being said, pot is pot. And Amsterdam pot is still top-shelf (at least in reputable coffeeshops).

As for actually hanging around smoking, don't expect anything too amazing. The best coffeeshops are usually overcrowded, with a few exceptions. My advice would be to spend the first day trying to find a coffeeshop that isn't packed and has a nice selection of bud. As you visit different coffeeshops to decide, sample their selection of herb, as that's what the whole experience is about.

Then, on the second day, go to your decided shop and call it your "home base". Go out to sight-see in Amsterdam, but return to "home base" at leisure to light up again and take a break. You might not be interested in the touristy things now, but this might be the only time you are ever in Amsterdam, and you're going to regret not seeing all of the sights later in life.

Anyhow, go on the damn trip. Cancel whatever other shit you have planned. It's really a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I can promise you that you'll have deep regret later in life if you don't jump at it.

14. This guy's username should be changed to /THREAD, because he says all that needs to be said man.

15. This.
    You'll sneak away from him, then run into his ass later at a coffee shop.

But really, even if you weren't able to separate from your dad and his buddies, how could you ever turn down an all expense paid 2 day vacation? Haha.

16. Thanks for the feedback, i didn't really know about the prices.. and about prices, i know you can buy pre rolled joints of different weeds, how much are we talking for a prerolled joint of some dank?

17. A trip to humboldt would be better!

But fuckit a free trip to a place where weed and prostitutes are legal, you would be stupid not to go.

18. This is definitely debatable; one could easily argue that BC, Canada, has the best marijuana in the world.

OT: Do it! I've been there twice and simply love the city. I've never smoked there, and I love it. :)

19. The experience would be WELL worth it, even without being able to smoke! I would take it in a heartbeat!

20. There's nothing that great about it at all unless you live in a barren, desolate shit hole.

Amsterdam is mainly a stoner marketting scheme and shops are there to make profit and money but some have really chill owners, and the bud isn't anything special, if you buy dank and decent bud all the time you won't be impressed and they slap an exotic name on regular old bud to get people to buy it, it's not worth the money because other then bud there's nothing there unless you want to fuck a greasy ass hooker who's had more cocks in her then a chicken factory. You're better off visiting somewhere else and making use of your money because other then the Cannabis Museum and the Anne Frank house and over priced bud, it has nothing to go for it.