Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is all keif the same

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ntg, Jun 29, 2010.

1. like is all thc on mids and dank the same? i dont see how it could be different since THC is like a set compound

2. The percent concentration of THC is different on each strain. Some strains may contain %10 THC, while others may contain %20 THC. Higher concentration leads to getting more high. :smoke:

3. The THC is mostly the same, The CBN in buds is what makes the effects different with each strain.

4. No, all kief is not the same. Kief made from mids will be less pure because the ratio of plant matter to Thc will be much lower, leaving more impurities in the kief. Also, the cannabinoids in mids are usually degraded to some extent, that is why most people prefer the high from headies as opposed to mids.

In short kief made from mids will be less pure and produce a lesser high

5. Yes, dont mistake kief for the actual cannabinoids.

Technically, yes the compound is the same, but the thc% in each trichrome can be different.

And also stated before, Its the CBN and the different essential oils in the plant that give its taste and aroma.

6. Doesnt the quality of keif depend on your grinder?

Seems to me that plant matter could get in your keif regardless if its dank or not, it just depends how fine your keif screens are.

7. so thats what i thought, THC is the same in mids and headies, theres just less of it in mids:wave:

8. :confused: Maybe if you use a gas station grinder with a shitty screen. A good sifting screen shouldn't allow any plant matter through at all. The only real difference you should see is the amount of kief you get from Mids compared to Dank.

9. Id say its all the same except mids have less then dank.

10. No, mids highs are almost always much worse than highs from headies. Alot of times they will give you headaches and things like that, and that is why mids kief is not worth as much as headies kief.

Sometimes mids are alright though, it just depends, are they fresh outdoor homegrown mids or have they been sitting in the back of a truck for 3 weeks....

11. he's not talking about smoking the actual bud, he's talking about just the kief, and since kief should be just thc, and it is a set compound they "should" be the same.

my thoughts is, it is mostly the same but there will obviously be more in the dank

12. Yea i mean its all Thc so its all good. The kief i get from mids though is always a little darker. The kief i get from dank is always a nice light brown and smells great.

13. THC is different on each plant. they each have their own individual like dna or whatever so they could be different.