Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is actual purple haze even around anymore?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by OddSkeleton, Jan 24, 2010.

1. I've just never come across it and nobody I know has ever had the actual strain. Is it just like... gone?

2. its extinct, and from what i have heard in another thread it may have never have really even been a real strain. Most shitty dealers around here try to get people to buy their "dank ass purple haze". 90% of the time, theres not even a trace of purple, LOL FAIL

3. I could be wrong, but 'purple haze' is a general term for an indica strain with some purple color to it. Purple color can be achieved on pretty much any strain by lowering the temp of the grow room during the last phase of flowering. You used to hear purple haze on the east coast 10 or so yrs ago before people starting growing specific strains like they do now. IMO there are is really one true purple strain, grand daddy purple from the west coast bay area, that shit is on a different level then just 'purple haze'. Hope this helps...

4. There was never a strain "Purple Haze" it was just a certain Colombian leaning phenotype of the original Haze that happened to turn purple. The song Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix was not about pot , it was about a batch of acid he got from the Brotherhood of Eternal Love. Several seed companies have hybrids being sold as Purple Haze, White Label (Purple#1 x Haze) and Positronics (Oregon Purple Thai x Haze) come to mind.

5. ohhh shit

thanks

6. I've wondered that too... then I stated hearing about it being sold in the city of Detroit for like $700-$800 an oz. I'm not sure if its the real deal and I aint gonna take a risk in buying it and it aint the real deal.