Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is a nice bong a statement of your "commitment"?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by highasamuhfucka, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Ive been smoking for like 3 years now everyday (tbreaks now and then). I have 3 nice bowls and I would say i smoke out of bowls 70% of the time. I love joints and blunts and I love ripping a nice bong.

The other day I ripped 2 hits of purp keif out of my bong (plastic) and I was the highest ive been in a while (couldnt even see straight). I was thinking how nice it would be to have a nice foot tall glass bong to take one hit out of and be nice and faded for a while.

My plastic bong is getting nasty and smelly and I cant really taste the flavor of the bud anymore. The problem is that i dont have any money, but I was wondering is it worth it to drop 150 to 200 on a nice glass piece? I think I'll get one regardless when I get a job but i just wanted to get a bong heads perspective on this.

2. I guess for the most part glass bongs are better quality. However, I really think that just comes down to opinion. Some say glass is way better, some like plastic.

I say tho, glass is better because you just run some alcohol thru it and its good as new. You can't do that with plastic.

However, plastic is much cheaper.

I say, overall, as long as you clean and don't break the glass, it's definitely worth a few hundred dollars.

3. Yeah I noticed that its hard to keep a plastic bong looking nice and clean.

4. its a statement of how much money you are willing and able to waste on a piece of glass, nothing more.

5. Which can be said for ANYTHING else that you purchase. it all depends on how you look at glass... you can look at it as just that... glass and nothing more, or some people look at glass for the amount of time and dedication it takes to create a nice peice... it is truely artwork and that is what you are paying money for. Its al up to you in the end... but i guarentee u wont regret it.

6. Buying weed instead of milk & bread is a statement of being truly commited.

Damn, I'm hungry as shit.

7. Wow, that's my world in a nutshell. Well said, sir. I'll be hungry along with ya :smoke:

8. If you have your own place I'd say drop like 80 and get a decent glass bong

9. lol if you guys were local id fire up the grill and call you guys.

10. um i think owning nice glss only shows that you have lots of money to spend on glass and you have even more money tp buy bud

11. both. i keep a nice glass bong for when im at somebodys house just chillin and smokin. i keep the pipe for when im on the move and we just feel like tokin for some reason.

12. You must live by yourself. Gonna be me in a little while. I'll have basically nothing in my house but hip hop and model posters and some munchies, but Ill keep a nice fuckin stash tho. Mad plants.

13. Agreed. I love glass for the artwork it is and the touch that it adds to smoking weed, by friend on the other hand loooves blunts. Either way we carry a bong with us, nice small and portable. Drop the money on the bong, you'll be happy with it.

14. it's not so much a commitment as a investment

when i bought my bong, i spent almost three bills with the intention of never thinking about getting another one for the next four to five years.
    if you think how much i spend on blunt wraps annualy its really chumpchange in comparison,

i spent a lot of time looking into what i wanted, and got it.
    now that i've spent the last two years smoking out of my decision

im ready to make another one. . way more informed
    as from what i chose i learned more about what to look for.

to me,

owning a glass bong says
    "im ready to take this shit to the next level bro"

i bought mine the day i moved away from home.
    and when i got to my new apartment the first thing i did after unpacking was load that fucker up and rip it a new one

ill own glass bongs as long as i decide that weed should be a part of my life. . .

being an appreciator or cannabis and art there's no way id have it any other way

15. Well does it matter if your committed to being a pot head?

Now I love to smoke out of my friends roor's and zob's but really I could never let myself spend 400 bucks on a bong. It only takes one second for that glass to break on a table or something.

Now what you can do, you dont have to spend over $100 for a bong. The headshop downtown ( 632 ) sells tight 14in straight pipes with diffusers for $60bucks. just they dont have a brandname and the glass still feels thick and sturdy

16. Best bong I ever had only cost me 70 bucks. Still had nice colors that changed and all that BS too.

17. i have a nice little 1' headway in my car. its perfect for on the go, it wont break, no loosing the slider or breaking it, pack up a nice 3hitter bowl. Im saving up my money for a nice beaker bottom glass bong with an a/c, ice catcher, and perc'd. glass is the shit obviously.

18. i would think spending more money on weed and less on glass would show more of a commitment?

19. see, i dont even think about this shit i just smoke weed, i dont make a commitment to weed, weed makes a commitment to me

20. yeah but im sure there are not many weekend smokers with a three foot zob thats double percd