Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is a month enough for a no-heat edible?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by iVapeTooMuch, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Let's say today i make a firecracker with 1.5 grams in it. i wrap it in tin foil and put it in a tupperware container in my mini fridge until christmas morning. Will that be enough time for the edible to be "activated"? I'm assuming yes, but just want to double check.

2. i THINK 2-3 days is sufficient but not sure, pretty sure a month is total over kill tho

3. Wrap it up and keep it in a cabinet for like 4-5 days, a month is too long for sure.

4. If a month is too long, why aren't tinctures made within a week then? It's basically the same principle.

5. Well its just not needed to obtain the mix youre looking for. Plus i don't know how well the peanut butter would hold up during a month without proper storage. Tbh you should just find a way to cook them as its a lot better.

6. [quote name='"Madian"']Well its just not needed to obtain the mix youre looking for. Plus i don't know how well the peanut butter would hold up during a month without proper storage. Tbh you should just find a way to cook them as its a lot better.[/quote]

Cooking is not an option, and in my own experience, leaving them out over periods of time had a better effect then cooking them. Isn't inside an airtight container considered "proper storage"? after all, that's what it comes in.

7. Peanut butter has 12-18g of fat per serving typically. Alcohol has 0g (forget mixed drinks with cream and shit). THC is fat soluble, so I would say that has something to do with it happening more quickly/efficiently in a firecracker. Not concrete, but just a guess on my part xD.

8. Don't listen to them. Longer is always better. Just make sure it's airtight.

9. Lol sorry man i missed the Tupperware part in the OP, i thought you were just going to wrap it up for a month which would have been sketchy with peanut butter. In that case go for and try to update us if you remember.

10. I wrapped one up in saran wrap and had left it sitting for atleast 3 months. Fucked me up HARD.

11. Longer is better. Don't put it in the fridge. Room temp.

Seriously though how can cooking not be an option? Waiting months and shit. You can't get access to an oven for a half hour in a month?

12. If I don't need it for over a month, then why cook it? I can put it somewhere and forget about it and it may be even more potent then if I had cooked it.