Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is a 5 day tolerance break long enough?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NParsons, Apr 17, 2016.

1. I've been smoking daily since mid October, I normally smoke twice a day (4-5 bowls a sesh and I always use a bong) and I decided I was going to take a tolerance break for a little while but I forgot 420 is in a few days and I can't just not smoke on 420 so I was wondering if 5 days is long enough or if I should go back to break the next day.

2. Tolerance breaks are a myth.

3. Not a myth, taking a break for 10 days is enough to get you slightly higher from the non use of your THC receptors. Also, its good to remind yourself you don't need weed. You can go without it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. You can go without anything. Doesn't mean the next time you have it, your experience will be magically better.

5. Over consuming THC into your body causes the receptors to build tolerance to THC. Taking away that stimulation will lower that tolerance.

6. There's nothing magical about it. It's a neurotic science that has been proven...

imagine not in taking any caffeine for 10 days and then drinking 4-5 cups of coffee..

that receptor in your brain has been inactive and becomes overwhelmed and produces more of the pleasure chemicals because of the lack of usage.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Feelings are not sensations. You can easily trick the brain, but you cannot so easily fool the mind. The natural secretions of hormones regulate how your homeostatic balance keeps tolerable feelings in order.

Going without weed for a couple days is like going without a paycheck until next payday...

8. yeah man 5 days makes a significant difference. im considering the same thing since im out of bud anyway and wanna get high on 420. you can always start over after 420.