Is 40 degrees F safe for a few nights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jmoney989, Mar 4, 2009.

1. I know 40 is prolly pushing it but will the plants survive.

2. yes the plant will survive but the stem may turn purple and have slow growth if it persists

3. #3 OCDinFL, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    Low temperatures at night are OK down to about 60 degrees, then start to effect the growth in a big way. Mid 50s will cause mild shock and 40s will kill your plants with repeated exposure.

*strain dependent

-Nice avatar jmoney..those are 2 of my favorite things.

4. #4 jmoney989, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    Then they should be ok? On thursday the temps are good and only get better from on out.

Thanks I feel the same way.

5. [quote name='OCDinFL']40s will kill your plants with repeated exposure.quote]
    have you had a plant die because the temperture was in the 40s at night?

6. sorry i misread the ops post it in Fahrenheit

7. I had a plant germinate and sprout out side in the middle of winter where it would get down into the 30's and she ended up growing to be about 7ft. MJ is a very resiliant plant it show be fine

8. My plants have been growing for about three weeks in FL at first it was in the 30s every night
    but I brought them inside but I dont want to keep moving them around, I dont want hermies. So far they look very healthy they're growing consistantly but slowly I can see them growing faster as it gets warmer though.

9. 40F = 4C = May be dead if left more than a few nights, strain dependent. I've done my share of guerilla growing and have lost several plants to cold weather. If possible, throw a tarp over it to contain some heat and humidity. Just one night shouldn't be a problem.

10. My plants have been outside for about 3 weeks now. The lowest temp. since then has been 28. They temp. still gets around 35 at night. Mine are doing fine. Anything 27F or below will kill them