Is 24/0 1.25 days or 1 day.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Q_17, Apr 17, 2021.

1. LOL just stoned thought going down the interstate.
    If running 24/0 isn’t that equal to 1.25 days? Does an auto use the light to determine time or just genetics. I know it’s not photoperiod triggered. But let’s say for example a plant is to finish at 60days from seed at 18/6. If you run 24/0 will that speed that time frame?

It’s almost disgusting if you compare the growth between the seedlings outside, compared to the seedlings in the space tub under 24/0. All sprouted within days of each other. I almost am pissed at the results of them outside and shocked at the growth inside LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. A day is 24 hours, so no it's not 1.25 days.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Was speaking more in the equivalency of light. And if the plant uses that to determine its age or is it literally just age, and then boom bloom hormones are released.
    Maybe the wording isn’t the correct way.

4. cells in the plant count its sleep ...easy

5. What sleep? Cannabis is a c3 plant. There isn’t a need for dark period for “rest” so what sleep are the said cells counting. Not that ez to explain my friend.
    Which is why I bring it here. LOL if it was easy by logic I would’ve figured it out. I drive for hours to my location of business and just think and plan. It’s my only me time. And it got consumed with this thought.
    But thanks for the reply ! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Okay, gotcha.

I read once that Cannabis does a majority of it's growing during the dark phase.
    It's why I run 18/6.

7. LOL this is a long standing argument. I LOVE 24/0 and know for a fact it blows anything less out of the water.

I also have read the exact opposite.
    It’s a c3 plant giving no need for a dark period to conduct its respiratory needs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Are you serious or is this a joke?

9. To Troll or to not Troll... Tizzzz the question

I do prefer 24/0, why ya ask my friend?

10. I've personally tested different light cycles. You can run 24/0, but I will not let you try to talk people into something I've found not to work well.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. How exactly are you going to stop me from I’ll informing any one even if I wanted too?

And you are the Advice Police?
    Your experiments supersede all others results?

Let me knock you off your pedal stool my friend.

To many variables to just flat out say it doesn’t work well...
    there are quiet a few folks on here that would argue the contrary

I’d love to compare 2 week growth rates.
    I’ve got 3 different genes I can show all at 2 weeks in 24:0.... I will shut my mouth if you can show me something more astounding then what I am getting now. Not to mention those on here using 24/0 for veg years...

I’m all for debate my friend but don’t assert your perceived knowledge as fact

12. I’ve run 24/0 for well over 30 years of growing cannabis indoors - your advice is sound.

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. 1.2689919190000000 mirco days bro

14. I appreciate it J,

I wasn’t meaning for this to turn to that debate. I just had an honest half way funny question.
    I’ve had others on here influence my decision to go 24/0. I tried it on some bag seed for a month and was blown away. I’m using a home made light with 14 unfiltered led a19 bulbs.... not even a horticultural spec. light. And still see crazy results.

I was asking if those that run autos when it comes to time schedule if the earth is on at a least a couple hours darkness (twighlight). Giving the plant something to base time off of. By sun rise sun fall, if it is, then shorter runs should be seen if 24/0..idk that’s my thought into it.

I also don’t completely understand what exactly makes a plant flower. When and where does that hormone to flower come from. Can we replace it synthetically also? LOL
    I mean it questions I have. LOL but I’m a greenhorn so

15. Wouldn’t that be a macroDay LOL

16. Its one of the reasons that vegetables grow so huge in Alaska - “The Land of the Midnight Sun” - because they’ll keep growing and growing under what is often up to 22 hours a day of sunlight, depending on where in the state you are.

The Gargantuan, Mutant-Like Veggies of Alaska

j

17. Wickid!! Makes me want to hang some 100Wers over the beef steaks, pineapple, and potatoes outside and see what would happen

18. Depends if your flux capacitor is fully charged and if you are doing 88mph.

19. Was planning on trying it in reverse at 69 in the pickup hot tub.
    He’ll yeah Brothuuurrrrrrrrrr

20. Oh that will definitely getter done. If you release the bald eagles while doing it, you can actually squeeze an entire millennium into a single second.