Is 10 shots alot?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TheHumanTwig, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Hey, GC.
    I hung out with a friend 2 weeks ago, and we were just chillin in his basement. We were out of herb, so we decided it'd be fun to drink. (Mind you I haven't really been consuming alcohol a lot, just a few games of BP here and there and I barely ever get buzzed.) So he pulls out some Bacardi Gold Rum. He brings down 2 full glasses filled with it, and we start taking shots out of shot glasses. Over about an hour, we drink 10 shots each, and he's feelin pretty shity :p So I help him out, get him a bucket and whatnot, he ends up fine.

So I'm 10 shots in, and I'm just chilling out on the couch watching TV, and I'm starting to feel a little bit drunk. Everything a little bit slower etc, can't explain it. But I didn't think I was that gone compared to what you see on TV and whatnot.

I was just wondering, how much does it take until you get drunk, and did I drink a lot for my first time drinking? (other than small games of BP). It seems maybe I'm not as effected by alcohol the same way? who knows.

BTW: Im 6'2 at 150lb's so im a skinny guy.. :)

2. Youll know when you are too drunk because the next day you will vow to never drink again.

3. you werent taking standard size shots or else you wouldve blacked out easily given the time frame you mentioned.

4. 10 shots is a lot. That's what I always thought (experienced). I'm uncomfortably drunk after 8/10 shots of whiskey (within a short period of time).

5. Trust me, they were standardized shot glasses haha. And to put it into perspective, we each had a full glass about this big: http://party.rainbow-rental.com/dinnerware/dinnerware_images/highball.jpg

And it might have been more like 90 minutes.

6. was the rum you had 40% alch?

7. Honestly, there is no need to take 10 fucking shots that quickly, maybe its just me, but i never understood the need to get blackout drunk to enjoy alcohol..

8. We were pretty bored, and he's drank before. He said 10 shots is a pretty decent amount, and he felt like shit the next day.. I stayed up until I left, and got a nice milkshake a few hours later. Overall it was a fun day for me. :)

And I do think it was 40% alcohol considering that's what it is in Bacardi Gold.

9. ok if u really want to get drunk instead of over on hour try drinking a shot for every time the say "shots" in the song "shots" by LMAO ft. lil jon.

if u havent heard of it the song is only about shots so keeping up is kinda hard

i did this once and i got sooo fucking drunk that me and the other guy i did this with spent the rest of the night throwing up lol and i havent touched vodka since

10. I don't think it was 151, it was bacardi gold if that makes any difference. I just looked it up: This product contains an alcohol content of 40 percent by volume (80 proof), with 69 calories, 8 mg of sodium, zero fat, zero protein, and zero carbohydrates per 1 oz. (30 ml) serving. It is sold in various metric sized bottles, ranging from 375 ml up to the large 1.75 liter size.

11. 10 shots of 40% in that time frame is more than enough for most people. Something tells me they weren't actual shots in size.

12. 10 shots in one hour will get me drunk. More than 20 shots in one hour has me passed out on someones lawn covered in vomit.

13. Sometimes, you just have to pee in the sink.

14. Depends. Shots of what? Bleach? Then yeah, thats alot.

15. Obviously it doesnt affect you the same way or else you wouldn't have to ask if 10 shots is alot , you would of blacked out or thrown up and known its a lot

I'm 160, but i seem to have a low tolerance for everything...

after 4 shots i'm good, 6-7 drunk

and then 10-12 is typically my limit... this is pretty much the same with most people i've drank with so yeah id say you must just have a high tolerance for alcohol

16. 10 shots and your able to form complete sentences? Umm....

17. The only reason you weren't trashed is because you're 6'2" or it was over a longer period of time.

18. If its you're first time really getting drunk, and you took ten shots, then honestly I'm surprised you aren't dead or something. Ok, not really, but I'm surprised you didn't completely black out and fall asleep on the floor somewhere. How long of a time did you take them all? I usually take somewhere around 10 shots and drink a fair amount of beers, but my tolerence is pretty decent. They tell me I took around 13 with some beers at a party last week, but I couldn't hold that and I don't really remember the night so i guess my limit is right around there somewhere.

Few weeks ago I was down at my buddy's college and we pregamed before a party. Some guy there took 15 shots in about 10 minutes and chased it with 2 beers. I've never seen anything like it. Funniest thing was, he tried making it to the party anyway, even though he couldn't stand, speak, or open his eyes. Eventually some guy helped him back. We asked the next day and he doesn't remember going outside, or anything after about shot 12 for that matter.

19. 90minutes at the most, and I'm very skinny. Lacking muscle, only 150ish pounds. I'd think body weight would have more to do with it, but I could be wrong.

20. I'd be spillin my guts