irrigation soil?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gutsie1219, Feb 23, 2009.

1. my plants' soil become tottaly dry a few hours after i watered them??:confused:what do i do?

2. I am having a prblwem with that, and it seems you live where i DO. The news as saying the RH was very low the nex couple days. Should clear up, but i have been watering way more (my system has excelent air flow). Make sure your not overwatering tho! (styick finger 2 in deep for watery soil on finger.

3. what size pot are you using? and how old are ya plants?

4. Are you soaking your pot so that you get about 25% runoff?

5. no im not overwatering because im using a mist spray can. it seems that in certain types of soil the water cannot penetrate deep enough.:eek:

6. I think your underwatering it... you really cant give your plant too much water, you can water too often. I use one of those sports botttles, i use to use a sprayer untill I ran into problems like you are.

You want to give it a good soaking, let it sit for 15 minutes, then soak again. You dont want any dry areas of soil. When you do this put a container under your pot and collect the runoff. Ideally you should collect 25% of the water you put in. Then dont water again untill your pot starts to feel light.