Iron's Method

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Ironhead, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. U r so rite iron end of flower I empty out hempy every nite it seems better but I will say since I drop ppm to 600 in flower the highest the hempy go is 900 ppm but goin back to putting mad holes in my buckets

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. Alright i gotcha bro! Once i get the ppm's down to within 50 of what im putting in with the 350 mix, and i start using the veg mix with the roots ex, then ill throw out what i dont use! Thanks again bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Oh yeah i also went ahead and kicked on that other light too today, & it bumped the temp up in my tent from a steady 77-80 degrees to 82-85 degrees. Those temps going to be alright for lights on times, or is that too high? I think i may possibly be able to get a nice portable air conditioner/dehumidifier unit that i can put in my closet to cool it down some if it need be, but i'd really rather not use it if i dont have to. Because i wouldnt really have a good way to vent the ac unit out of the closet and i dont want to cut any holes in the walls that i dont have to.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #1624 Ironhead, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016

I'm the wrong person to ask about setup. I believe everything has to be picture perfect. 77 is the highest any of my rooms get. 68 lights off. Works like a charm for me. Lots of people grow in temps outside that tho. Totally doable, no problemo.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hahaha. Yeah im pretty much the same way about things. When i do something i want it done as close to perfection as possible! I may go ahead and go get that ac unit then bro. Bcuz i can get it for free.

6. Went to bed last night and the girls looked good bro, but woke up this morning and the one that had been looking amazing looked like this:
    [​IMG]

7. The other ones looking a little rough too!
    [​IMG]

8. Ya back in the regular buckets if you put in 600, it comes out 600. That's what I'm talkin bout. The rise in the hempies is dumb.. Like fighting a constant uphill battle. I drilled holes in all of the hempies regardless of where they were in my setup and they all responded so nice... Like Thank God! We got some relief.

I still have one hempie left in flower.. The big Strawberry Aurora in the 32 gallon trashcan. Gonna drill the holes in her once I start the flush.. Remarkably it's staying about 800 when I'm putting in 600. Watering it 4 gallons everyday and it fuckin huge.

You been keeping it at 600 throughout flower eh? It's been rockin for me like that. I just switch out stuff here and there as the plant progresses, but still try to aim for 600 every time.

Gonna try out the KoolBloom powder again.. Right now I'm dropping the Micro and CalMag out at day 30, while keeping the Bloom at 9 and hitting the liquid KoolBloom hard at 7ml per gallon to keep it at 600ppm.

Gonna do that up thru the end of week 5, then beginning of week 6 drop out the Liquid KoolBloom for the Powder KoolBloom, but still keep it at 600ppm.. Might try to bump it up just a little higher to see how she responds.

Then flush 7 and 8.

I've heard some good stuff abut the dry.. Maybe I wasn't using it the right way before.. Now with my ppm meter I feel brave enough to try it again without risking burning the hell out of em again.

9. Are they still sitting in water? If so, get em out of that and let them dry out and feed them tomorrow.

10. No i topped watered them and dumped the runoff yesterday bro. In these pics its just from where i had just fed them again and still needed to test the runoff before i dumped it. The cups felt super light today almost as if they had dried out completely. The leaves were really dry feeling today too. I know my humidity levels are low as hell in the tent right now, but i dont really have any room for a humidifier in there. They were staying at about 50% but now that i kicked that other light on they dropped to about 40%.

11. On one positive note though the ppm of the runoff had dropped down from 550 to about 475 or so.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Should i be feeding them eveyday in these solo cups bro, or should i be doing an every other day feeding? 24 hours after i top fed for the first time they seemed fairly dry. Well, the cups were quite a bit lighter. They probably weren't dry, but the cups were very light.

• Like Like x 1

13. You can feed em everyday no problem , it's gonna help to keep the humidity up anyways, just make sure they aren't sitting in runoff.

40% is pretty low.. My veg sits about 65%..

They might not be too happy with you for cutting off their roots either. Don't sweat it, they will be fine.. Veg is easy. Flower is the fun part.

14. True true! I didnt even think about having cut the roots off. Lol. Thanks again iron!

• Like Like x 1
  15. I went ahead and topped today too since the 5th leafset is on its way out. Should i go ahead and transplant in the next few days? Or wait still? They final home will be 5 gallon smartpots

• Like Like x 1

16. No need to do it all at once homie!

Give em a lil more time in the cups. Let's see what the ppm does over the next few days.

What day we at since you stuck them down into the coco?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Day 16 bro

• Like Like x 1
  18. Day 13 or 14 since i uncovered and turned on the lights, & maybe day 11 or 12 since they popped out of the coco

• Like Like x 1

19. You are cruising along man. They will respond to more light real quick I bet.

I'm gonna start some seeds today with just CalMag up to 250ppm's. I remember ole boy saying that worked well for him before, so I think I'll try it out. Lower is better after all.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yeah i have that article saved too that u posted on here a while back saying 250 is what he used for starting his seeds.

So what would be a good way for me to raise my humidity bro? Bcuz i cant get it above 40% and my leaves are getting really dry and crispy almost bro. Especially since i switched that other light on. Ive read that even a humidifier wont help too much, but i also read to flood the floor of my tent with water and it will help. Should i be spraying the leaves with just water too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.