Irish Boys GLH 600w led grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by irishboy, Feb 7, 2010.

1. i was gonna totally give up on leds but this is looking really nice! I was considering an led for the veg stage and then switching to hps when flowering but I'll have to see how your grow finishes. Although i have no idea where I'd get the 2 g's lol

2. i think ur better off get more of the smaller units like 180's or the 300's instead on one 600w

3. DAY 28 OF FLOWERING welcome to my led jungle.

Attached Files:

4. Hi Irish! Those girls are starting to look great. How many days again does this strain flower for? Looking like high wattage LED units might be a decent (though expensive) alternative to HPS. Here's hoping anyway! Certainly strikes me as a better grow experience than those last lights you tested. If LED can at least match watt for watt HPS... that would be encouraging for all us LED growers. I still think low wattage LEDs are cool but not for growing large quantities. What kind of heat did you say your light gives off? My only complain of your light is it does seem kind of large compared to a 600w HPS.. I wonder how much smaller a 250w or 400w equivalent panel could be made. If your grow finishes good. It would be fascinating to see what a 300w panel can do. I'm unsure if LED is similiar to HPS in that you need higher watter for taller plants/penetration... but it would make sense to use a brighter LED panel to get more penetration... so I am guessing it works the same? What are the buds like at the bottom? Looking popcorny or looking like they might beef up? Sorry for the all questions. Cheers man and good grow. Have been following this one. Pretty much the only thread I properly follow right now :).

5. its should flower around 63-70 days but i never go by that i just look at the trics. i think high powered led lights are the only way to go it u want to produce some bigger yields and buds. i dont see my light being a bad thing being so big, the bigger the better with leds, but yes it is bigger then a 600w hps all though the foot print is smaller and probaly less foot print.
    the buds on the bottom of the XJ-13 abd popcorn like but the plants is around 40" tall. the HS are around 20-21" and the bottom buds are allot better, but the middle of the plant lacks light because the foliage is so dense.

6. Now those are some Very healthy plants. Damn man, I am lovin this grow. Get us some Close ups of them NUggets,. I am just lovin this!:smoking::smoking:

7. cool. i'm VERY interested in higher wattage LED's, but its a big expense to change over completely. I intend to wait until the tech matures, but it can only do so with people like you getting in there and using it!

sub'b and +rep

8. i keep trying to get some close ups because the resin is crazy good on these girls but my camera sucks taking closeup pics, i am gonna try to barrow a better camera from one of my friends.

9. the future is gonna be so much better with leds i would think? they seem to get better and better every year

10. As someone who watches all the LED grows on this forum, I agree completely Irish.

"The future is awesome!" - Randy Marsh, medicinal marijuana patient of South Park, CO

11. here is a mid week update of day 32 of flowering. got some real nice close ups of the resin

Attached Files:

12. some close ups of the resin

Attached Files:

13. You got some real nice nuggs there man. Real Nice Only 32 days of flowering huh??
    Where are you in feed?? How many PPMS?

They look real good for some LED plants. May have to sell this HPS and pick up another Panel. =)~

14. looking good mate :)

15. i dont have a ppm meeter so i never check it. i dont even check the ph anymore, some how it always works out for me.lol

thanks!

16. Ohh ok, thats not always good. =)~

17. my ph is always good i use to check it but after a while its get to be a pain in the ass. as far as the ppm, ive never had any trouble with my mix so i just save the money on the ppm metter unless i have a problem then ill get one. but so far in my growing past ive never had any trouble.

18. Wow those ladys look real good man.. how many plants are there.. also what size space are you working with :wave:

19. i have 4 girls. i am in a 4x4' tray with the wall space of 5.5x5.5'

20. :wave:Wow they look great man keep it up i am lookin for a LED light as we speek thinking the 300wt.. i dont know or i might just get the 600 hps.. if you get a chance stop in and check out my ladys