Irish Boys GLH 600w led grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by irishboy, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Definately what he said. ^^^ Irish, you know I'm an LED fan but somehting looks real wrong with that other grow. I understand that Prosource is trying out a new mix on this Particular set of two Jumb's but it doesn't look right at all inmo. Funny how people still will say how nice it looks... all day long. Strange Yours on the other hand looks right on schedule. Wish I could own a big light like that. Perhaps someday.
    My current grow is flowering in the same time frame as that new Jumbo double light grow. It's the older model Jumbo that you used in your last grow and it's just kicking all butt, go figure. Anybody reading this remember that everything we do has a learning curve to it, a new light system, different nutrients what have you. Try something more than once, and change some varyables the next time. Light distances for example.
    Just my 2c. .v.

2. i noticed that. but i thought maybe i was just tripping? seems their behind is last led grow. i hope things turn around for him.

3. ya thats strange? idk what up with that? i hope things turn around. i will say i am not 100% convinced by leds yet, but as of right now i am impressed on how my new led light is budding so fast. Ive never had flower that size in 1 week of flowering. i hope they continue to grow this way and i get some fat ass buds. keeping my fingers crossed.

4. You should check out growitled.com, I have their lights, & I really like them.
    Ol'Yippie

5. when u have ten post and put a link to these grow lights on both of my threads it seem like ur spamming? i hope that not the case? ive just seen this happen to many times.

6. same kind I just put in my garden. But I am kind of kicking myself for not finding the GLH website before I ordered it. Oh well I can always get another one. Irish If I say your name will I get a secret discout or can I make you money by saying it or something??? Just kinda curious cause I want to buy one asap. Nice work on the test irish. Im happy to see an LED finally holding its own in flower for at least a short time. Hope it all works out great for you. PEace

flo

7. to be honest i am not sure if you would get a discount? i know i wont make any money off of sale from my grow, all though i wish i would..lol. i cant recommend buying something before i fully test it, but others using this light seems to be happy also. i just dont want to be the one that says buy this before i know what this light can do for sure, u know what i am saying? but if you do buy this light i dont think it would hurt to say my name and see what happens? the owner is a very cool guy. i cant wait to see how these girls turn out. so far i am impressed. but it is still early in flowering, latter weeks shall tell us what their all about.

8. Mention my name and they'll give you a free butt crack wax! :eek:

9. mmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds deliciously envigorating

10. day 21 of flowering

Attached Files:

11. i wish i had a real good camera, because the resien on these girls already is mind blowing, especially the XJ-13, ive never seen anything like it this early, the leaves and stuff are just covered in resin. cant wait to see how it turns out?

12. So glad I just placed an order for one of their 300W models. Thanks for the testing Irish. Keep leading the way. Ever consider trying to DIY and make your own LED custom for your grow? I know I have, just dont know a lot about electrical engineering and how to hook up electronics. Ill stop rambling now

flo

13. i have but at the end it would be too much BS trying to figure things out and isnt worth it to me.

14. i had some free time so i thought i would give you guys a sneak peek. today is 25days of flowering, ill post more pics on sat.

Attached Files:

15. Irish Excellent Job with your LED Grow it seems you have it down to science.
    How far are you keeping the panel from your plants? DO you recommend a certain distance? Thanks for your time. I got my chair for this grow.

16. thank you.
    right now i have my light @19-20: from the tops of my plants. i would have it closer but i need the foot print since i LST my girls and their wide. i couldn't imagine how fat they would be if i could have the light 10-12" from them?

the light distance i believe should be adjusted to the size and watts of ur led lights. with this size i would say 20-25" in veg and 12-15" in flowering, the key is to watch ur girls and see how they react to the light being close and adjust from their.

17. Thank you very much for your post. What I notice with LEDS if they are too close to the plant is that they start to make a Turn or Spriral, maybe twist I suppose. The leaves that is. That tells me that my light is too close. Also When I am hanging the LEDS, What I do is get a peice of white paper, I then hold it under the LEDS, and try to find that perfect Blend between RED and Blue. That way Im getting that SPread of spektrum that the plant is looking for.

The reason behind this is, that I was taught that the LED Lights only shoot Light UP and DOWN. Not all over the place like CFLS. So thats why I try to blend the 2 colors together and also because the LEDS Dont Penetrate very well. So the closer the better on that too. But I would keep an eye on the Blend of the 2 colors.:wave::wave:

18. I will predict now that this will turn out really great Irish. Those 25 day pics look all the way good man. What's the name of this campany again? Thier 300 watter might be what the Dr. ordered for my future. Good job mango!:wave:.v.
    p.s. Thanks for doing us the favor of your tests!

19. yes if its too close u will get twisting or whats called tacoing or rams horn. u will also get bleaching on the buds and leaves.

that is a good way with the white paper, never thought of that, ill have to give that a try somtime. thanks for the post.

20. thank you bro. its hard because i am trying not to get my hopes up but these leds are doing a great job this far and i am inpressed.

the name is http://www.growledhydro.com/ the owner is a cool guy,