Iran offers 'full supervision' of nuclear program

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Swills, Sep 8, 2011.

1. The Associated Press: Iran offers 'full supervision' of nuclear program

I'm not worried about Iran creating nukes, even if I were, they're apparently being heavily watches by IAEA. They deserve the right for nuclear energy as much as any nation, & who are we to tell them otherwise. I do wish they went another route for energy though, the Earth doesn't need another nuclear plant. Countries like Germany & others are already looking to discontinue their plants & future plants after the disaster in Japan happened. I guess Iran would be a good place for solar & wind technology? Maybe the technology for such things isnt possible yet, for Iran anyway.

2. I think the have the right to use nuclear energy as well. It is bad, and can be used for even worse things, but if it cuts down on fossil fuels perhaps it might be one of their few options.

3. That's true, if the plant doesn't go wrong and explode, leak, etc,.. theyre apparently the cleanest form of energy we have, besides solar, wind, & water :laughing: I just wish one nation would take alternative energy more seriously.

4. I dont think they are really in too much risk of natural disasters either, i dont think they have earthquakes really, or typhoons, or tsunamis, or hurricanes. maybe a sandstorm or something.

then again, dc doesnt get earthquakes..

5. They deserve liberty without tyranny just like every nation on this earth does, just like all people on this earth do. They shouldn't have cameras over there and should not do any inspections. No one gave the US or the United Nations any right to be the police of the world. Tyranny is systemic all over the world and it needs to be stopped everywhere.

Ron Paul 2012!

6. The Neocons still will turn this into a bad thing, just watch.

7. They get EQ now & then, but I don't think they pose a threat. Live Earthquakes Map

I agree they shouldnt have to be subjected to the security that they are, but that may actually be standard procedure, because they are plenty of people we can't trust, & it doesnt matter where the nuclear plant is, they need to be on lock down. Also, Iran needs this kind of scrutiny because so many already accuse them of malicious things, so this only helps them disarm those fears & accusations

8. Of all the countries to fear Iran isn't very high on that list.

9. Actually, you couldn't be more wrong....sorry.
    Wikipedia
    "Iran is one of the most seismically active countries in the world, being crossed by several major fault lines[1] that cover at least 90% of the country.[2] As a result, earthquakes in Iran occur often and are destructive."

[​IMG]

10. It's the cleanest form of base load energy we have. The one exception is perhaps hydro, which isn't useful everywhere, and has environmental hazards of it's own.

Wind and solar do not provide base-load power.

Eliminate nuclear and you're left making up that loss with fossil fuels and coal (coal, btw, puts more radiation into the environment then nuclear). Or, like in the case of Germany, you can buy nuclear power from your neighboring countries.

11. haha woops:D

12. haha, I didn't want to be a dick, but that map was to good.

I know we just had a similar thread, but Iran has just as much of a right as anyone else on this planet to nuclear energy.

13. at least you can admit it, i can respect that

i hate when you show someone proof they are wrong, and they are in so much denial its unbelievable ...like talking to..oo i dont know say

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Iran offers "full supervision" to only sites they want, you think they will show all nuclear facilities that may or may not contain other materials..hmm..

well they are not fooling me and a lot of other people, there are some pretty good satellites that Iran seems to underestimate, they show all possible locations,...Unless Iran is ran by mastermind ahmadinijad (LOL) who built cities underground for nuclear facilities.

people dont get it, Iran has no problem "loosing some nuclear materials" that somehow find their way into one of many enemies of the states and Israel.

I bet if they (states or Israel) do get nuked, ya'll will act so fucking surprised, its astonishing.
    I love how its the trend now, to completely not believe one box (tv) and then believe another one (monitor), you have to learn to decide for your selves, stop thinking what other people tell you to think.
    Most of us dont live in the middle east, we get our info from the net . But you cant %100 know for a fact that all these sources and articles are credible, you can't.

Unless all of you have some friends from Iran that just came off a plane in recent times, to corroborate the news, that you only can make snap judgments. But I love how people view their personal feelings and proof of fact. I LOVE IT.

Some even feel sorry for Iran, Iran is stuck 1000 years in the past.
    Iran is proof %100 that human race is fucked. FUCKED!!!

They stone people to death with a fucking smile, that shit is messed up I dont care what you say. Taking a life (in a fucked up inhumane way) and enjoy it and smile is fucked up,
    we humans are a failed species--we got so much potential, but we do stupid retarded shit like that. there is zero logic and common sense behind stoning (and thats just one of many examples of what we as a species are capable--torture another good one)

14. Gotta love war propaganda.

15. I see what your saying. I guess I cannot come up with good enough reasons to add any concern, in which case I think it is right to let them have the same freedom we all had as we progressed trough our industrial era. Of course that is not going to be the case though, because we cant keep our hands out of anyone elses pants, but i guess as long as their my pants, i dont really care.

If shits going down in a nuclear storm in a few years then I guess I will just have to accept it. But I do not want to strip anyone of their freedoms in the meantime. Which would probably lead to our ultimate demise.

16. Rotties is right about the fuckedupness of Iran, but their current government is not representative in that sense. The overthrowing of the Shah was universal because many Iranian secularists and intellectuals were led to believe that he would be replaced with something better.

Instead it was replaced with a regime that will bury women up to their waste and murder them with stones as punishment, and that empowers a corrupt moral paramilitia police based on Islam. (basij).

The Iranian people are captive.

17. I'm not really worried.

18. Who cares if Iran has nukes? I mean they are so far behind us... And the U.S. *should* have MANY weapons that can destroy a nuke before it even comes within a 1000 miles of our coasts... Or is that not what we're spending billions/trillion of dollars on :confused: :confused:

19. They can be supervised all they want, but that doesn't mean they won't be hiding anything...*shrug* every country is hiding shit from everyone else, so it's all about who can bluff the longest.