Iphone vs Galaxy S3

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by BIGxBARE, Jun 21, 2012.

1. S3 comes out tomorrow and I was going to get it since I just broke the touch part of my screen on my old 3gs. I can either get that tomorrow and use my moms slightly broken Iphone 4 and then get the Iphone 5 when it is released?

2. i allready have the galaxy s 3, ive had it for 2 days, i ordered it online. imo its better than the iphone, even my friend agrees and he has an iphone. also the galaxy s3 is 4g and iphone is 3g

3. S3, definitely.

Judging by Apple's recent iOS6 keynote, they're bringing absolutely nothing new to the game this year. Sure, the hardware has yet to be unveiled, but what does that matter when iOS6 is the same weak iteration of iOS as the software has been from the very beginning? No widgets, no notification panel sorting or prioritization...just a hokey "do not disturb" mode and a color changing status bar.

4. #4 monkey busines, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
    Don't get Me wrong its a bad ass phone but I may pass .im disappointed there using snapdragon an shred of there own chip set an the pentile display is a turn off its a Dow grad e from the galaxy s 2 .

5. Speed test comparisons between the US and Euro version have already shown that there is literally no difference in performance between the two

My pre-order should be here today *fingers crossed*

6. I'm sorry but there's a big. Difference .gpu an CPU are both different from.each other.the problem is Android is not optimized for quadd core yet so its being used at half its potential.

7. [quote name='"monkey busines"']I'm sorry but there's a big. Difference .gpu an CPU are both different from.each other.the problem is Android is not optimized for quadd core yet so its being used at half its potential.[/quote]

Yes I'm well aware that there are differences on paper.

In the real world tests though there was literally no performance differences except the Euro version seems to run hotter to the touch, which is to be expected.

8. #8 monkey busines, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
    The quad is one hot chip the s4 is extremely efficienct. When it come to hard core use the quad will shine but other wise yes there pretty even .but if Intel has tier way they will b. Top chip I'm.excited to see how it turns out .I think the s3 will be hard to beat its fully packed with goodies . But I waana see how the new nexus will be its to thought .the s3 hits its - but its gonna be really hard to beat .an much respect to you cookiecrisp .

9. Much respect to you as well sir :smoke:

Looks like my S3 pre-order won't be here until Monday now :mad:

10. Thanks that sucks that you.have to wait at least apple dint get there way .they.tryed to ban the galaxy s3 but it didn't work thank god .

11. I'm really not sure why all the judges overseeing these Apple vs. Android hardware manufacturers don't just tell all these companies to grow the fuck up.

Granted, Apple started all the litigious bullshit but the fact that they're trying to quell innovation is really sickening. They're definitely not an ethical company whatsoever. They failed to innovate after the iPhone 1 so they decide to attempt to stop everybody else's innovation with frivolous lawsuits.

The business world is truly astonishing.

12. I agree with you: 100% the I phone could be so much better than it is .it gets old with apple sueing like crazy .I don't see the next I phone to be any thing eye dropping .they will for shure have a wonderful display the retina display is amazing .word is that Sony supplys apple with the displays I'm not shure if its true thoe. Other wise the ip5 wiill use up to date specs with the same os with some add ons that Android has all ready .

13. iPhone = Xbox 360
    Galaxy = ps3

Sure ps has extra stuff but the Xbox is still better

14. Lol guys just wait for the iphone5 and it completely shits on every other phone in the market.

15. [quote name='"MrBongToker420"']i allready have the galaxy s 3, ive had it for 2 days, i ordered it online. imo its better than the iphone, even my friend agrees and he has an iphone. also the galaxy s3 is 4g and iphone is 3g[/quote]

there's no such thing as 4g.

16. Apple has me convinced that everything they make rapes everything else.
    So i'd get an iphone.

Its just, once you buy an iphone, you get an Iphone, you know its going to be updated, and fully supported for a long time.
    Its reliable, and everyone owns one, so you know that you aren't the first person to have a problem (which is unlikely) therefore, you can fix it.

Besides, its by far the sexiest phone on the market.

[​IMG]

17. Not at all. The 4 is relatively new. It is missing out on many of the newer features of iOS6.

Apple has always been about forcing their consumers to buy the newest iteration of their products. First, it was the iPod batteries that would conveniently only last as long as the warranties. Apple was taken to court for this, and many people were awarded new iPods. Shady business practices are wrong, period.

Then it was iOS4 and 5, which was backwards compatible for the 3G and up...yet it broke many essential features on the 3G and made it impossible to use. Apple knew all along that this would happen...and what do you know? It's a bitch to downgrade firmware on all Apple products, so those people were forced to deal with their new slow, dysfunctional phone or shell out the price for a new one.

Let's not even begin to talk about the fact that the 4S only has 512MB of RAM...in 2011, when even the lowest of the budget Android phones were coming with 1GB. Apple's devices run so smoothly at first because you literally can't do more than one thing with them at once, unless that second thing you want to do is listen to music. Multitasking? Nope, iOS can't do that either. It freezes apps in the background.

There are a million reasons to not support Apple and their bullshit. Yes, the iPhone is a great looking phone hardware wise (although I think iOS looks like shit) but they're price gouging every single person who falls for their bullshit.

18. #18 Broseph Radson, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
    You are convinced way too easily.
    This is completely false.
    This graph shows just how much android dominates iOS as of this year.

19. The S3 looks like such a powerful phone. I can't imagine any reason to get an iPhone over it aside from the Apple logo and the simpler OS.

I haven't used the S3, but you're comparing an older phone to a new phone many claim are pushing the limits of what phones can do even further. Given spec differences and simply the time between when each device was released makes for a fairly obvious winner

20. Again I all you nubs talking up the galaxy, you cannot compare any f he iPhones to it simply because it JUST came out, like seriously anyone that compares thm is stupid, the two aren't even related, just wait I'll the iPhone 5 comes out and shits diarrhea all over your galaxy.