IOWA- Ditch weed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by turborunner, Apr 30, 2008.

1. this is my first time hearing about ditch weed... that is really just intrigueing and just so awesome that it grows wild like that... that should tell the government something...uhhhh needs to be legal yeah.

And I live in tennessee and just google'd ditch weed in tennessee .. turns out were the 2nd ranked state to have the most ditch weed uprooted by the DEA....

I know what my new hobby will be this summer!!!!:hello:

2. I don't know if you already have, but read this entire thread. It has good information, and is an interesting read at that.

Goodluck on the ditch scavenging. : D

3. is there any ditch weed in the south-east?

4. There is this fantastic website called google, you should try it.

5. me and my brother did that, we had a female sour diesel plant growing, and i found ditch weed one day, got some seeds and it was mid grade.:hello:

6. My friend said he found a patch of about 40 or so "ditch weed" plants and he says there about 2 1/2 feet tall and looked dank and smelled strong and i was thinking about filling a bag with a bunch of buds when there ready for harvest and making bubble hash or screen hash or is it not worth it? I was planning on trying a bowl of it after i cured it just because im curious.

7. Wth, you are all verrry lucky! I say go ahead and get all the ditch weed you like, just leave enough so they can re grow. I wonder if there is any so called ditch weed in arkansas? would anyone know?

8. Yep, I live in SE Iowa and I just noticed one growing in my back yard for the first time. It was growing really good until my husband mowed over it! :( Anyway, now I see them everywhere I look, but always in a shady spot with lots of vegetation. They are all over South East Iowa! I hear they are usually no good to smoke though. Too bad!

9. thats kinda cool how u guys are out in the middle of nowhere and you can find ditchweed just chillin around town.

ive never seen ditchweed in california.
    ever in my life /
    but theres guerilla grows in the woods and people hide out with guns
    to see if someones brave enough to pick some of them lol.

10. dude everytime I go to pakistan theres fields just like these.. but im not sure wut the thc content in in those plants. besides these sativa plants there also indicas growing..

I never understand why indicas never flowered.. wierd I dont think pakistans weathers allow them to..

anways I asked some dude in the city where I can get a hold of some bud. He said he has no idea what im talking about. I point to a cannabis plant on the roadside and point to it.

He says you cant smoke it.. it contains seeds and junk. What they do is .. make hand hash and he tought me how.

Take the plants and rub fast but softly and quick... Keep rubbing the buds between palms for a few minutes.. When your through 10 - 15 plants your hands will be covered with resin.. and I tried this.. If you did this properly yours hands should be sticky as hell.. they shouldnt be green at all.. however a more of brown and black texture..

rub this hash into some kinda cloth or saran wrap

and collect it all together and knead it into a ball.. I did the mistake of putting a whole gram of this hash in a joint.. and I was high as a bitch!..

enjoy guys..:smoking:

11. I lived in San Diego for 8 years and never saw any there either. I have never heard of the guerillas in the woods! Glad I never stumbled upon any cause I surely would have been shot! :)

12. No, its not usually potent unless it was someones stash that they planted and left years before... The only real difference like people have already said in this thread is that no one took care of it... so it looses its potency from seeding and random watering from rain...

Supposedly they only really are worth looking for in the Midwest because everywhere else really doesn't have a large enough population....

most of the land here is never touched by anyone, exccept farmers, or even seen because of the spralling woods and farm fields that you would have to walk a crossed to get around.

I live in Wisconsin and it grows all over.... You will usually find them next to train tracks and roads. Train tracks have an abundance because the government used to through seeds out of the windows of trains and than come back and harvest them for rope that was made for some war a long time ago.... Its next to roads because us Midwest people go on "roadies" all the time and smoke weed driving around in the country and we ditch our seeds out the windows.... hence the name ditch weed because its in ditches because the rain run off caries the seeds into them and also because the seeds/bags are being "ditched"

They are hard to spot sometimes because there are a lot of plants in the Midwest that look kinda like them. I got busted with a crap ton of it when I was in highschool and they tested it and it actually tested positive so theoretically you could make potent hash out of it if you concentrated it enough and used a lot like i mean a couple pounds for like an 1/8th of hash....

Cheers and happy hunting its not easy finding it and its not always rewarding when you do...

13. I live on the east coast, but iv got family in iowa. HUGE ditchweed plants on their farm, like 8-10 feet!!! But it was the kind thats not potent...

14. I live in the Kansas city area tons of weed growing around the missouri river area. I just wondered If I took seeds from those wild plants andgrow them indoors, would they be potent?

15. NO. genetics are not changed by fertilizers or growing technique.

16. LOL, I can't believe all of you guys missed the obvious. Ditch weed surrounding your grow will turn your own primo into ditch weed, a la pollen.

17. ya i figured that. its a shame though having so much cannabis growing naturally around you and you can't really use it for anything lol it would be too good to be true

18. #78 qwik1, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
    does any of this stuff grow in Pennsylvania or is it just in the mid-west? There's lots of farmland in Penn. but I guess if nobody is throwing seeds out on the land then no possibility of it.

19. true, but in MA you gotta worry about getting sold contaminated "grit trees"

20. #80 Synned, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
    Humans aren't the only thing spreading the cannabis seed, remember it once grew across the country, on it's own.