Invisible sun LED

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Hippothehippo, Oct 3, 2018.

1. 4 qb120's I think the best driver is the HLG-240h-24a in parallel. It will actually put out the full 2500mA max current to the boards.

I have two 120 boards wired to LRS-75-24 drivers and they work great. The voltage pot surprisingly works very well to limit the current with them. You can run your 120's cool or really hot if you want to get more output out of them. It's actually a good approach for a setup if you want more flexibility. You can unplug one or more boards for early veg and things like that or relocate just a single board to another area for clones. Sell one, ect. You get 4 individual fixtures instead of one.

For flowering I would rather use different boards with a higher diode count. The LRS is more a budget option to get going then a best solution. It doesn't have really functional dimming like the HLG series with a current limiter.

The 120's and 132's would require really short light distance for intense levels of light for flower but they are capable of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. You_Doodle+_2019-02-27T14_20_22Z.jpg
    Cant wait..!!

3. O i no bro! When i got off of work and came home to c that box of porch, i was grinning lime a possum eating a fresh shit sandwich...lol. Did u figure ur driver situation out? If not i no a decent amount bout em but TBONE guy on here is the master of quantums, so if i didnt answer ur questions plz just kindly message tbone and im sure he can answer any questions on quantums. But im glad u got sum dam good lights for the amount u spent on everything.✌

• Like Like x 1
  4. No still didnt figure out my driver issue lol

Its all im missing to fire these things up..

Not sure if i should go with
    Hlg-320h--54a
    Hlg-240h-c2800a

Or whats the difference between them..

I want something thatll give me a bit too much past 280w into the 300w range and i can dial it down to about 280w.. thats all i want & it seems impossible.. lol

5. Wonderful! The veg boards are growing a monster. I would take a fresh pic of the flower tent but it's in the middle of getting chopped down and looks like a hacked up mess right now.

This plant will be going in the flower area in the next few days. It's under the 120's and 150's.
    IMG_1146.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  6. Not sure why but often I won't get a notification when people reply to my threads. Don't know how I missed this one.

7. I don't always get a notification when someone tags me, I think I do when someone replies or quotes though

8. I must have just missed that one because he did tag me but often I'll be browsing the lighting section and see a thread I started bumped a few days ago and I never got a notification.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I appreciate Invisible Sun more then I can express and I will continue to update this thread with new plant pics to show how legit these boards are.

IMO slightly better then HLG because of their more balanced LED layout. HLG's boards seem to run slightly hotter when you compare especially the veg boards that Invisible Sun has compared to HLG. The diodes on the HLG boards are grouped so close they run hotter at the same current levels.

The Invisible Sun 150 board also has no direct rival with HLG. It's significantly higher output then the qb132 but still doesn't need a heatsink.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yeah I really like the even distribution of the diodes on the ISH Boards , I've never understood why others group them up, seems an odd thing to do

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. thanks for the update t bone. glad to see they are doing good for you.

dam!! you grow monsters

12. Fortunately or unfortunately my bud plant has produced so much I've been taking a long time to trim it and I haven't got the chance to flip the monster over to flower yet. It still stands in veg and is about to get out of control.

I'm actually trimming as I type this to help get it flipped ASAP. I'll be updating the monster here to let you know how the 288v2's you supplied turn out in flower.

Took a fresh pic tonight.
    IMG_1147.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  13. It's actually getting more healthy as it gets closer to the lights so maybe I'm glad I waited. It is pumped to flower.

• Like Like x 2
  14. All invisible sun raised. My veg area is 100% invisible sun. The 120 boards on the left and 150's on the right.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Whoa! That’s a damn tree!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I gave it a really harsh but careful haircut and put it in flower. 20190408_204246.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Nice pruning

18. Day 5 since flip. Invisible sun 288's are kicking ass. Plant is very happy.
    IMG_1153.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  19. Props on the flat top! That’s almost barber perfect

• Like Like x 2