Invincibility...a state of mind?

Discussion in 'General' started by eldude-arino, Feb 1, 2008.

1. I'm not talking... I'm going to get wasted and roll my Jeep and survive.

I'm talkin'.... no matter what comes my way, what hand I'm dealt... I will beat you.

I've been dealt a couple of shitty hands of late, I'm responsible for some, some of it is just life. But altogether, it's not phasing me. Don't get me wrong, it gets under my skin and I ask "why" sometimes, but after the day or two of self-pity, it fuels me to stick my middle finger up and grind it out. I become more passionate about making myself who I want to be.

Werd?

10 days sober,

-dude

2. Ive been dealt a life of bad hands, But its all good.

Im happy with me.

But fuck sobriety. ;)

3. I get that, eRR-body's had hard times.... I'm sayin, everytime I get knocked down, I get back up and rise above where I was when I got knocked down.... gauranteed you've (and most other people've) had more hard knocks, but everytime I feel like I'm on the brink, somethin' comes and kills it. On the flip side, it makes me that much more resentful that nobody's givin' it to me, so I'm just gonna take it...and if they want it back, they're goin' to have to have to knock me off again.... and whether it comes to life in general (good album by MxPx, btw), work life, or what-have-you... you better come "strapped" (metaphorically)... I just refuse to lose.

mandatory brah, probation Jan 22 08-Jan XX 09

...."now I could let these dream killa's kill my self-esteem, or use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams " -Kan, The Louis Vuitton Don

4. I hear that compltetly. And even tho i dont completley agree with how you worded the you havent been through as much shit as other people jus because everybody deals with they shits in different ways. The smallest of things are the biggest of problems for some people. So i respect everbody in that manner because everybody has problems. But im still proud (no offense dont mean it towards you at all) of knowing alot of these people SERIOUSLY couldnt walk a mile in my shoes.

But i hear you completey, Jus gotta do ya thang, Maintain, Struggle and gain.

5. maybe you didn't get that the way I meant it either... i'm a white kid from the burbs... mom is from a complete line of white-collared CPAs and is a data-analyst, dad is a hard-working blue-collared HVAC tech who used his english degree to work his way through a corporation in the field, then as an instruction manual writer and then left to start his own, now successful, company once he knew the ins and outs of the industry... we started out where most people wouldn't want to drive through these days and now live where everybody's trying to be.... i've been given alot of opportunity, so i get that my knocks aren't even comparable to most people in this world.... i guess what i mean is, even though i'm about to reach the next level i get knocked down, i come back harder, smarter, more fierce, and more determined to get to that level

but we are on the same level here... "Jus gotta do ya thang, Maintain, Struggle and gain."

6. I gotta say i respect how you think cuz i feel you.

Im jus sayin that its like, Some people jus are on that level and your on that level. And when i say do the damn thang that means man. Go hustle and struggle and make shit happen brotha cuz ya got some head on your shoulders.

Theres punks out there who dont get as much allowance as they wish at like 20+ and bitch about it.

But your understand life more like i do, And i respect that.

Do the damn thang.

7. That's deep.

8. yup. agreed.

9. I feel ya on this one. I've learned this lesson throughout life, whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, even if just for the fact that you experienced it. I love learning, not just book learning but situational and people learning. I want to travel everywhere on this planet and just see and experience.

Can't wait to be free from school to see life outside of my bubble. University, still living at home...I've already started my journey with Australia, New Zealand and GB.

I totally believe that you have total control, just with your mind. It is the strongest tool you have, and you can make yourself untouchable. With the right mindset nothing will stand in your way.

10. it's strange to think that "entourage" is repsonsible for this epiphany... but, i went from having a damn-near full ride at a private college, to working for just under $8/ hr. at american eagle, to managing a dept at one of the biggest grocery stores in the region, to having no job and living at home, selling off my football card collection so my mom didn't have to pay my way, to waiting tables at bob evans (though i quit after a couple of months when i realized they wanted me to be a "lifer" so to speak...they were training me on everything when all i wanted to do was put together some scratch) to actually landing a job in the field i went to school for (with the same grocery store, at their corporate office), to my current state, back, managing a dept at that same exact location....in a 2-3 year span and i haven't finished school

i've raised up, dropped down, raised up, and now dropped down... but i'm more motivated now that i've had that ounce of success at corporate than ever, it solidified the fact that i want to do what i was educated in and now nobody's going to stop me... i'll do what it takes.... i'm untouchable, my best friends have come and gone.... girls i thought i loved, jobs, money, a baller car.................. whatever, i'm'a do me

fixate yourself on what you want to do and who you want to be and don't let anything stop you.... of course, absorb life, but erase those people who say "you can't" and find the ones who enable you positively

-one, dude

oh, and pbmike, GO, PACK, GO!

11. im not sure how to quote exact passages, but that last bit....
    of course, absorb life, but erase those people who say "you can't" and find the ones who enable you positively

i agree 100% im actually going through that stage right now...it's kind of painful, but i know it's for the best. losing old friends is always hard.

12. ...if you want to quote a specific part, just go inside [*quote] [/quote*] and delete whatever is unnecessary

good luck man, my friends kind of just phased out, the one dude that was cut from almost the exact same mold from moved to N.C. jr. year h.s. the kid i grew up knowing as my best friend i ditched in 5th grade when he started cigs...later to become a coke/pot/whatever-head and dealer (not cool in jr high and h.s., to me) in adn out of juvi/trouble, and the rest, well, i'm not sure they were ever reeeealllly my friends, just kind of stuck with me since we played soccer and had things in common, at least that's how it seems... i'm not too sure who amongst them would step up if "things came to blows", feel me? not that they were fake... just nothin deep,

maybe that's where "entourage" came in, i wish i had boys like that muh'fuckers that had my back no matter what, cause i know i'd have theirs