invest in the west?

Discussion in 'General' started by sublime83, Oct 21, 2010.

1. so we all know that marijuana is soon to be (hopefully) legal in cali and potentially some other states in the west. heres my dilemna. i'm young and i have no idea what i want to do. i love weed, my friends and sports. i have some growing experience. i know most of the basic stuff as ive been growing with my dad for about 3 years. but is it really gonna be another gold rush in cali if it does legalize? thats an entire new product on the market to legally make money off of? so i guess my question is should i move out to the west. i could move tomorrow if i really wanted to. but what do you think the reality of getting a decent job in the marijuana business sometime in the next couple years. I mean i know its not happenin anytime soon in ohio, and its not gonna happen right away when i get there. but is it worth the risk?? i think the outcome could outweigh the risk...or im just stoned and i sound retarted.

2. well i'm only going to say do it cause you live in Ohio

3. I mean if its a goal that you have ..do it..You only live once. BUt there are thousands of other people who are thinking like you are right now. Those people are making the move as we speak or have made the move. And those are the same people that are trying to find work in this area as well. Its not gonna be easy and i would suspect that you would have to have an IN somewhere to get some work..maybe be a trimmer at first. ANyway if your gonna go ..just go and experience what it would be like in an MMJ state. But go now befor ethe rush cause then your dream of working in that field maybe dashed with the copius amounts of people that want to join you.

Im all about starting over new..just make sure it works out best for you!

Thats all i got

4. Costs a lot of money to live in California, unless you have a job (even a shitty one) set up when you go down there, it'd be hard to find a job and even more difficult to make rent..

Invest in private prisons; you'll ONLY make money.

PS. if MJ does eventually become legal there will be licenses and regulations in place that cost money. it'll be a tight system

5. haha i love ohio, but i hate it at the same time.

hell yeah man i know everyones all over this. and i have some family thats already kinda into the marijuana scene but i figure to go out there get myself a normal job and then kinda see how things pan out...

6. but how would you make money from it?

it being legal means it would plummet in price.

not much money to be made when everyone can get it.

when beer was illegal i bet it was more expensive than gold.

now its bought at wal mart.

lol i think you should find something you love and keep growing.

7. Chase your dreams brother, do what most people cannot do.

However you gotta also have a realistic state of mind. What can you bring to the table that the thousands of other hopefuls can't?

When that gold rush hits you gotta be able to do some amazing shit, you have to have a King Midas green thumb, if you know what I'm saying.

Good luck, and no regrets.

8. yeah but think how many different jobs and businesses there are because of alcohol and how many jobs marijuana industry could create. not just growing but even then someone has to grow it. all the different stores will open strictly marijuana and smoking stores. coffee shops. more head shops. restuarants. not to mention all the doors that will be open for hemp as well.

9. true true,

and the tourist attraction would go insane.

if it passes ill be mailing you some tree to sell at your shop!

10. i would wait for it to be legalized before you make any major decisions