Introduce the Vaporization Lighter

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by potbrother, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Vaporization could possibly be attempted using only a lighter. When a lighter is lit, even though the flame may be only ¼ inch to ½ inch tall, it can produce a hot air flow above the flame capable of vaporizing smoking material. However, the hot air flow can rapidly rise vertically and move with ambient air, making it difficult to locate the right position to inhale the right temperature hot air flow to vaporize smoking material.

By adding a flame casing in accordance with an embodiment around and above the flame, the hot air flow produced by the flame can be concentrated and directed out of an outlet, therefore, making it easy to control and to inhale hot air of the correct temperature for vaporization.

Easy to DIY The Most Stoned Man - YouTube

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMQ4QQNYstk&list=UUW4OJ9K2agWXtxk-YzRofCw]Vaporization Lighter - YouTube[/ame]

3. This sounds almost/sorta/kinda possible but, you are clearly smoking in the video. Not just vaporizing.

Is your goal to simply vaporize or just not inhale butane fumes?

4. You are clearly wrong, I am not smoking in the video.

What is butane fumes? CO2 + H2o?

5. You're inhaling a bunch of butane though.

Why not just get a vaporizer? Or if you're insistent on just using a lighter, get the vaporGenie.

Attached Files:

6. Joe Chang adleave@gmail.com
    Nov 21 (9 days ago)

to undisclosed recipients

VaporGenie.com
    Nov 17 (4 days ago)

to Joe

hi

You are wrong. Combusted butane is vastly cleaner than smoke.

If you dont like butane flames, you can use a hempwick or other burning material.

It sounds like you are trying to sell a product. Are talking about the "ubie"?

dan

On 11/17/12 4:30 PM, Joe Chang wrote:

Hey, Your pipe is hurting people, large amount of light fuel in the flame is inhaled during vaporizing. The light fuel in the flame not only taste nasty also very harmful to health. The flame filter also causes inhalation resistance and reloading inconvenience. To fix all the problems, simply replace the flame filter with a u shape glass tube, one end face down attach on the pipe bowl, one end has a bigger opening which faces down to receive a hot air stream produced by a lighter. This way, no inhalation resistance, also no lighter fuel will be inhaled. Other benefits are, don't need to detach it to reload tobacco, lighter weight and cheaper. Please feel free to use the idea to make better vaporization pipe to help smokers. They really need it. Wish you great business! Sincerely, Joe Chang

Joe Chang adleave@gmail.com
    Nov 17 (4 days ago)

to VaporGenie.com

The flame itself is inhaled into the pipe, not fully burned butane in the flame is 100% inhaled using your pipe.

No, I am not selling anything, not ubie idea also. My idea is vaporizationpipe.com

Nov 17 (4 days ago)

to VaporGenie.com

If you don't believe me, simple try a brand new genie, without tobacco, just inhale the lighter flame, you can taste nasty butane easily. Now if you raise the pipe above the flame 2 inches, put the bowl side way.to inhale hot air above the flame, you will inhale combusted butane which is clean and not taste nasty.

I am telling you the facts, hope you can improve it and help smokers, nothing more.

Have a good weekend!

Nov 17 (4 days ago)

to VaporGenie.com

You know the best. All conduction vaporizers are junk, such as vapeman, magic flight etc. All convection vaporizers are hard to use, big size, need long time to heat up or to change vaping temperature. A good vaporization pipe could beat all vaporizers on the market and become smokers best tool.

The Genie is not there yet. The technology can be improved easily as I said.

VaporGenie.com
    Nov 17 (4 days ago)

to me

On 11/17/12 5:25 PM, Joe Chang wrote:
    The flame itself is inhaled into the pipe, not fully burned butane in the flame is 100% inhaled using your pipe.
    Only if you are using it wrong. With proper use the butane is completely combusted.

No, I am not selling anything, not ubie idea also. My idea is vaporizationpipe.com
    Yes I am familiar with this. I saw your website a while ago. Like VaporGenie pipes, your pipe ALSO results in flame exhaust inhalation. Which is not a concern (provided that the flame burns cleanly and completely).

dan

VaporGenie.com
    Nov 17 (4 days ago)

to me

hi joe

I appreciate your concern. I dont think there is much to be done about inhaling flame exhaust, other than makeing sure that the butane is completely combusted.

I'd like to point out that the wind-shield you use with your lighter can cause incomplete combustion. The shield blocks air from flowing into the butane flame, depriving it of oxygen. When there is low oxygen, there is soot and nasty flavors produced.

We are working on a couple electric models that should be ready in a few months.

dan

Nov 17 (4 days ago)

to VaporGenie.com

Dan,

Electric vaporizers will never work better than flame powered vaporizer. Butane combustion becomes h2o and co2. Both not harmful. The problem is using flame itself to smoke or to vaporize, not fully burned lighter fuel will be inhaled. Smoking takes few seconds of flame, inhale a little lighter fuel, vaporizing takes much longer flame, inhale large amount of lighter fuel in the flame. People been do it wrong for 5 thousand years, forgot to use the hot air above the flame to smoke or to vaporize.

Your best bet is to build a pipe that use a lighter for power source, but instead inhale the flame itself, inhale the combusted hot co2 and h2o and ambient air mixture to vaporize. It is cleaner than other flame source such as wipe stick etc.

All the ecigs are not tasty, smoker hard to get good buzz. Once your perfect pipe on the market, the vape world is yours.

Nov 18 (3 days ago)

to VaporGenie.com

Bad drawing, but you get the idea. Maybe call it Vapor Gem.

7. At the :46 second mark smoke is visible rising from the bowl. Smoking.
    What you are saying is possible, and at the beginning you were vaporizing. The problems I see are: you are inhaling the fumes still, it is incredibly difficult to not light it on fire while attempting.

8. At 45, I release my drawing, little vapor not inhaled in pop out, not smoke.

What is fumes? My little blue flame's by products? H2O and CO2. Are you kidding?

9. What the other guys email said is true. The little lighter shield you built is actually making you inhale more butane. The shield is blocking oxygen from getting to the flame, and as a result the flame is smaller, burning less butane. But the gas is being released at the same speed.

10. Good weed, Sir.

11. Good weed?

12. This guys a champ. Hahaha

13. I suspect there are at least 2 persons in this thread are in affiliate with MF.

Everyone makes a living, it's all cool.

Truth is better though.

14. Lol, are you talking about me? I realize I suggested a vape and posted a picture of it, but I've actually never even used the vaporGenie. It could be the absolute worst vape in the world for all I know. It just seemed like it was roughly the concept you were going for, so I suggested it to you.

Guess you can't try to help a fellow blade without being accused of trying to sell things. I haven't even been vaping recently, but when I do, I use an electronic desktop vape.

15. See! There you go again trying to sell shit.

Just kidding man.

16. Here are 3 best comments for the idea, I really like them, forgive me showing off.

I watched Joe’s little YOUTUBE (figured it was “safe”) . . . . ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Really???!!! Edison must be rolling over in his grave!!!!!

seriously this is an epic idea, I was wondering if you could just make a lighter that vaporizes and the internet led me to this awesome genius.

this has gotta be the single best value for money vape.

17. You know what's more genius? a laser pointer that concentrates the light hard enough to vaporize. it can be done, it has been done

18. Where to find a laser cost $.25? I got those lighters at savealot, pack of 4 for $1.

19. I see what your getting at man but have you heard of hot hit paddles? I figure it would work the same except you would have to get the temperature on the glass just right and even then youd have to reheat it. Look into a herb iron its the same thing your doing just with a ceramic heat element, and sure it costs around 70 dollars but itll last a lifetime. And you do inhale some butane any time you use a lighter, but that being said its probably less than the butane you inhale from walking by a running car so does it really matter besides taste?

20. #20 potbrother, May 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2013
    Use flame itself to smoke or vaporize, inhale butane in the flame.

Use flame exhaust to smoke or vaporize, inhale butane combusted by products.

Yellow flame's by products = co2 + h2o + co + ???

Blue flame's by products = co2 + h2o We inhale it all day long at kitchens.

Taste way better than volcano, any day, any time.