Interview Assistance

Discussion in 'General' started by Niyajuana, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Hello fellow minions, I have an upcoming interview for a Dispensary and need any and all help, advice, tips and resources. If you could contribute in any way, I would HIGHLY appreciate it!! Toddles for now.

2. Well if you're an attractive woman with titties then you're a shoe-in for the position.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Let's not be sexist now I have more mentality to offer than anything. Also you're not a real big help so if you could kindly see yourself out please and thank you for your consideration sir. @I'm Ron Burgundy?

• Like Like x 1
  4. This isn't the news, Ron.

I dunno...Relax and shit, just, whatever you do...Don't freak out, don't do that.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lol thanks I'm pretty sure I'll be relaxed before walking in
    :smiley-rolling-joint:

6. I'm not saying you don't have more to offer, what I'm saying is that's what the dispensaries are looking for....literally.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I understand that but I need interview advice.... think about it as it were an over the phone interview (not being seen), what types of questions should I worry about tackling?

8. Being professional and dressing for the position always helps.

Read up on your Cannabis strains and what strains have more/less CBD/THC.
    Learn which strains are going to be better for relieving certain illnesses.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I can pretty much guarantee they're going to ask you normal interview questions and maybe the difference between a sativa and Indica.
    Have you seen the types of people that work at dispensaries?
    I'd say about 90% of them don't know shit about cannabis.

Just be yourself and you'll be fine.

• Like Like x 3
  10. I've got a professional business-like demeanor so that's a plus.
    Also thanks because last night I was just glancing over illnesses and the strains recommended for specific ones so I feel better since I think I'm on the right track. Anything else I should be aware of? @Durnehviir

11. Okay now you guys have made me feel 1000x better because I'm sure I know a whole lot more than that 90%, shoot I've grown outdoors for 3+ years so I don't think I should worry. Hey they may need me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Not sure if this will put you at ease or not, but I know a girl that works at one and she didn't know much about which strains do what before getting hired. She knows more now though after shes been with the dispensary for a minute.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I would say study the dispensary menu and get to know the strains they carry, the oils they carry and be ready to tell what the diffrances are.

Good luck

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ron is right. In certain areas dispensaries tend to hire attractive women that don't have any knowledge of products. Not saying you have no knowledge of course.

15. I understand that but the company I'm going with I'm sure would rather me know my stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  16. If I was the owner I'd honestly probably hire you just based on your eagerness to learn as shown in this thread.

No reasonable employer is going to expect entry level employees to know every little thing about the position.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I think berzerkers advice is best. Focus on their regular strains they carry and sell out quick. Ask them some questions too. Most applicants just answer questions and don't have any themselves. Like if the dispensary has any future plans for more retail locations would there be opportunity to be promoted to manager. Good luck!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!!!!!

19. Oh trust me I already have 3 loaded questions. I'll definitely let you guys know how it goes. Fingers crossed. :passtheshit:

• Like Like x 1
  20. If they're "loaded" and take a while to respond to, I would pick your favorite and save the others for the call back. Too many and you could hold up other interviewers appointments. A good question lets them know you're interested in more than a paycheck. You can't switch to the interviewer. My two cents.