Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Intervention Bullshit

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Silther, Aug 3, 2011.

1. #1 Silther, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
    Well, I injured my leg and have spent the whole summer sitting around. My friends all party without me, and within the same 48 hours all get caught with either alcohol or weed. Now they've all become self-rightious, and look down on me for toking.

The other day I ended up getting enough cash together for a small amount of weed. I have smoked three times over the past three months, so needless to say I was pumped. Well, after I pick it up and I'm jokingly celebrating I notice two of these jackasses laughing quietly at me. I think nothing of it and prepare for a fun night.

As I was toking they all circle around me with serious looks on their faces. I'm pretty blazed, so I just continue to smoke, not even asking what's going on. Then one of them grabs the bowl while I'm lighting it and goes, "this is an intervention." I look him in the eyes, grab the bowl, take a hit, and ask him to repeat himself. He does. I started cracking up for what must have been a straight minute.

They were serious. I ended up calling each one of them out on their various vices, all while smoking the rest of my weed. The bastards were at a loss for words.

Anybody else been confronted by friends looking to cure you of your "addiction"?
    Better yet, anybody fight back when they were confronted?

2. alcohol and booze are the same thing.
    thats kinda bogus of them to do an intervention like that, especially for weed... I dont get it...what vices do they have that u called them out on? Doesnt really matter, a weed intervention is a joke no matter who stages it, coming from your friends is pretty fuckin wierd though. I dont really have much to say cause ive never been in a situation like yours. I would probably have done the same thing you did though. Explain why theres nothing wrong with smokin ganj and then procede to call them out for their 'vices'
    I mean, are you still cool with the guys? or are they like not chillin/talkin with you now?

3. show them the union. lol

4. Thats so ridiculous , it sounds like it came right out of a sitcom.

5. #5 Silther, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Shit man, I did set it up like that. I'm pretty blazed, so I tried to keep it coherent. That might have resulted in the sitcom-esque feel to it.

As for vices, one of them has serial rapist qualities. The kid creeps on women hardcore and plays with their minds, then dumps em and leaves them to pick up the pieces.

Then there's the cig fiend, the girlfriend beater, and the ego-driven attention whore.

I've known them since I was a little kid and their behavior has become more and more erratic lately. I mean, they always had their faults but at least they weren't the assholes they are as of late. That's probably why this whole event didn't surprise me much, as I've come to expect this kind of thing from them.

Damn, people are crazy. I think it's time to go hunting for a new crew, which kills what's left of the kid in me to do. When you've known people for so long then turn around to see them changed somehow, it fucks with your head :/

Sorry if this is incoherent, redundant, or boring. I need to vent man.

Edit: alcohol and booze? Jesus, I must be higher than I thought.

6. bro i got respect for you, amen. +rep.

7. Yea id say its time for a new crew lol , it sucks to leave behind child hood friends but you gotta do what you gotta do :confused_2:

8. Fuckem dude just fuck them

9. fuck your friends, find new ones at parties.pretend to keep your old ones to get into parties.

10. My friends ive known for awhile are getting douchey too. They all use to smoke with me but now they just drink and i guess kinda look down on me for smoking when its illegal while they drink underage which is illegal also.
    I'd be pissed beyond belief if they did that shit to me

11. Those Aren't your friends then their idiots. Did you offer them a hit?

12. It's really quite sad, as these traits seemed to be buried pretty deep before I introduced them to the herb. Then it all came out. One by one these people seemed to go batshit insane. Now I'm the one who needs help in their eyes.

Funny how that shit works.

13. #13 Silther, Aug 3, 2011
    I offered one a hit, and he turned it down. My old toking buddy's excuse: fucking asthma.

14. Yeah man there comes a time when you look around at your friends and you know them too well. I mean knowing people well is a good thing but when their every little fault shines out like a fucking flood light its time so shake shit up. What i find is that if you give it a decent break and hang out with other people a bit when you come back to them its just like old times! and you see why they became your mate in the first place.
    I had a mate do the same, it was the second time i had bought coke and was really getting into the clubbing scene and he blew my lines away saying i was addicted. half a gram $175 down the drain. But in hindsight i probably scared the shit out of him, He had barely seen people smoke bud before let alone party drugs. we are good mates now and laugh about it, but at the time.... no good haha.

15. #15 LordChiefRocka, Aug 3, 2011
    Gotta love reality. >.<

16. It might be different if you were letting cannabis destroy your life, but smoking an average of once a month hardly requires a fucking intervention. I definitely would have just told them to stfu.

17. Yeah man there comes a time when you look around at your friends and you know them too well. I mean knowing people well is a good thing but when their every little fault shines out like a fucking flood light its time so shake shit up. What i find is that if you give it a decent break and hang out with other people a bit when you come back to them its just like old times! and you see why they became your mate in the first place.
    I had a mate do the same, it was the second time i had bought coke and was really getting into the clubbing scene and he blew my lines away saying i was addicted. half a gram $175 down the drain. But in hindsight i probably scared the shit out of him, He had barely seen people smoke bud before let alone party drugs. we are good mates now and laugh about it, but at the time.... no good haha.

18. haha i knowingly told my anti weed friend that i smoke last night. by the next day he wanted to toke with me

19. Not gonna lie; I clicked on the thread thinking OP was some stoner who blows all his bills on bud, thinks there's nothing bad that could ever possibly happen from smoking, continues to dig his own grave, and rants on a stoner website trying to justify his actions.

I could never be more wrong. Good job standing up to your "friends." Trust me, you can do way better than those lowlifes, even if they were your childhood friends. It's sad but true...thats how life works.

I'd +rep you but I'm on mobile.

20. I feel like there's more to this story...