International Shipping

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Patricia Clemons, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Hello everybody, this is for me and all those who may need it! Recently I want to ship something internationally. For a 40lb box, it cost $800. Wut. I could buy a plane ticket and hand deliver the box for less myself.

Now I have three boxes probably, some light some heavy. I have found this Your Customers Don't Care Where Your Ecommerce Business Is Based, So Be Ready to Ship Anywhere in the World

Do any of you ship internationally? What is up with the VAT and price of product questions, tariffs?

Maybe alot of small boxes shipped? Hmmm

2. what are the dimensions?

how much space it takes up on the trailer/plane will determine costs a lot more than how heavy it is.

good luck

3. Hey thanks! They didn't ask for dimensions but yah, it's basically 2 boxs that will be like by 3ft 3ft. And a third I think that's like 6inch wide and 6ft long.

4. I ship internationally .
    Are you insuring and for how much ?
    Anything over 200.00 to 250.00 in value that is insured normally gets custom fees and import taxes .

I always used USPS .
    Yes shipping can be extremely expensive

5. Ah! I didn't get to any custom fees or import taxes and I just put the value in for 50.

Seems like it can be more bs than it's worth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. For me I never had a issue with customs or with any of the shipping/mailing companies involved.
    I have shipped to allot of countries . In my case what I was shipping was fragile and worth several thousands of dollars and was only insured up to 200.00 or 250.00 to avoid customs and duty taxes or import taxes .as per customer.
    I would pack bullet proof if its of value ..