International forces attack Libya

Discussion in 'General' started by mos_def, Mar 19, 2011.

1. #1 mos_def, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
    BBC News - Live: Libya crisis
    Watch the news Live here

2059: Reuters reports that four Spanish F-18 fighters have taken off from Madrid as part of the UN coalition.

2055: Back to Libyan state TV, which reports that a French warplane has been shot down in the Njela district of Tripoli. It also says a hospital has been hit in the suburbs of Tripoli.

2031: A US military chief says a total of 110 Tomahawk missiles have been launched against Libyan sites. He said the Coalition operation has been named Odyssey Dawn.

1850: France's air force has destroyed some tanks and armoured vehicles in Libya, a French defence ministry official confirms. Al-Jazeera had reported earlier that four Libyan tanks were destroyed to the south-west of Benghazi.\r

1820: Russia has said it regrets the decision by international leaders to take military action in Libya, according to Reuters, citing a Russian foreign ministry spokesman.\r

2. #2 1bakedpotato, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
    WORLD WAR 3, HERE WE GO. *puts hard hat on*

1. Fucck Selective services. From what I hear the US military is spread out thin as it is. So they will prolly call the selective services in.
    2. I know it says france did it, but it wont be long before USA gets in it.
    Oh well :smoke:

3. Russia is in cahoontz with the chinese, watch they always have been. When china attacks the middle east russia is gonna be there right along with them!

4. HEY BEST FRIEND FRANCE, I KNOW U PUSSIES DIDNT PULL THRU DURING 9/11 YOU MOTHER FUCKERS AND YOUR FREEDOM FRIES, WE SCRATCHED UR BACK NOW SCRATCH OURS N FUCK LIBYA UP!!!!!

or something like that

5. There won't be a draft so stop talking out your ass

6. I read this thread and then read the 10 year old 9/11 post someone bumped and I could resist posting this in here

[​IMG]

7. Did say there was gonna be a draft, so stop talking out of yours lol.

8. 2059: Reuters reports that four Spanish F-18 fighters have taken off from Madrid as part of the UN coalition.
    2055: Back to Libyan state TV, which reports that a French warplane has been shot down in the Njela district of Tripoli. It also says a hospital has been hit in the suburbs of Tripoli.

9. then what does "call the selective services in" mean?

10. I keep thinking the time was the year, was mad confused for a second.

11. of course the US drops bombs, negotiating this without killing people just isn't the American way. We have to beat them until they agree with us out of fear. America, land of the oppressed, home of the bullies.

And mean while Obama is in Brazil when the people there don't want him either: Anti-US Protest Before Obama's Brazil Visit (this was also reported on CBS news but has mysteriously disappeared)
    And oh look at the lies:
    Obama on Libya: This is not what we wanted - CBS News
    U.S. fires cruise missiles on Libyan air defenses - CBS News

12. js, 300 people doesn't mean "the people" don't want him there. I'm pretty sure ANY country any US president goes to will have a small flock of protesters there. My two cents on that

btw: how are those links lies? they are basically saying the same thing the BBC is reporting, there was in fact 100 missiles fired, and obama does say thats not what he wanted

13. Serious shit is going down guys. I'm joining the US Army and I'm fucking excited to a part of history. It's going down.

14. you misunderstand what I'm saying, well first of all 300 people in Brazil is a decent amount considering they aren't in the U.S. and English is not their first language, it takes more to piss them off then an American citizen..

and the articles aren't lies, Obama acting like they didn't want to attack Libya is bullshit, there were other ways this could have been dealt with other then bombs, we want to start a war, and take control of their oil. Watch it happen.

15. I don't know why you would be excited, Obama said there won't be any ground troops deployed.

16. I don't know, maybe if it was a group of thousands I'd be able to believe they matter. Brazil is pretty fucking big.

And idk if thats what you want to believe. That guy was treating his citizens wrong, and the international community did say that if he didn't stop treating them bad they would take action. He continued, so now they are attacking. If you read the thread, and click the link, you'd know that the French attacked first, and the UK, Spain, and Canada are also getting involved so it's not like it's just an American attack or something.

17. I agree with what you're saying, but it's just a lucky coincidence for the U.S. I mean our government oppresses it's citizens plenty and would handle a revolution the exact same way the Libya government is, but Libya produces a good amount of oil, so that is the incentive to step in, I think. I think it's good we're going to stop this but I do not believe for one second the reason is completely to protect the Libyan uprising. If it was, why didn't we step in right away? Because we think it's OK to kill people starting a revolution but at this point the rest of the world wants to stop it so we're going to act like we care, get unnecessarily involved, take over responsibility and then put our own government in and take control of the oil.

Think about this, if the U.S. really cares so much about oppression, why aren't we doing more in Africa? Because they don't have resources we want. We are only in the middle east because they have the oil. This government is a lot more corrupt then most people think, because they have the power to lie blatantly and constantly without anyone being able to prove it. We're doing the same thing the U.K. did back in the 1600's. It's fucking ridiculous.

18. not to mention the fact the "coalition" has been selling arms to gaddafi for decades. they're just bombing the equipment they sold them.

19. Well maybe the international community thought gaddafi would listen and stop, and when he didn't is when they realized they need to take action?
    I agree oil is a part of it as well, but I think Gaddafi's actions are what spurred this coalition.
    And yeah the government has always been corrupt in the Middle East, it's not going to change as long as oil is a commodity.