Interesting question about marijuana.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by edwardvanhalen, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Hey guys I have a question. I buy weed and I was wondering can weed you buy at a dispensary or off the street be cured. If I put that weed in a mason jar is their any way that the weed can be cured so it can be more potent?

2. Metabolic processes will likely have ceased by the time you get your hands on it, so inceasing the potency is unlikely. If the flavor is leafy or if the smoke is harsh from leftover chlorophyll, you can rehydrate the bud with a small piece of lemon peel and re-cure it for a week or two. I cut a spiral strip about 1/8" thick and 8-10 inches long, just make sure it's only peel and no pulp. Leave the peel in the jar until the bud is just a little moist (about 12-24 hours) and then remove it and start burping the jar as usual.

Nirvana Grow Journal

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wow you sound like a doctor of weed. That opening sentence sounded like a statement from a political debate lol. What you said makes a lot of sense. I heard of putting a leaf in the jar to bring back moisture, with my luck I wouldn't do it right and make my weed taste like lemons lol.
    Thanks for the reply bra.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I actually don't mind the light lemony sent it imparts, it is quite pleasant in small doses. Happy to be of help!

Nirvana Grow Journal

5. Yeah as invasion has said, you will likely need to raise the moisture content for the enzymes to get to work and break down the chlorophyll. 65-70% seems to work well. Lemon peel would work well imo