Interesting analysis of a painting technique

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Debbie88, Apr 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I came across this curious article and decided to share it

Hello, my name is Brígida Lafont Uslar, I am a critic of art and writer, this is my description of what I saw in the collection of Abstract Pointillism of the Recognized Madrid Painter Gabino Amaya Cacho.
    Abstract pointillism accentuates forms, abstracting them, away from the imitation or faithful or plausible reproduction of the natural; rejects any form of copy of any model external to the conscience of the artist.
    An abstract work, understood in a rigorous way, can not refer to something outside the work itself, but proposes a new reality different from the natural one. Abstraction as a modern international style, coherent and full of light.
    It is a delicate artistic process which allows the soft touches to be seen with the width of a brush, and leaving a thin "line" between the large, medium and small points.
    The techniques and materials that were used to create these paintings emphasize the "flatness" and the rectangular shape of the canvases, in a way that reinforces Gabino's idea of modern painting.
    Vi Innovative techniques, which the painter called abstract Pointillism, clearly is a painter who learned from the lessons of artists of the past so that his paintings endure more in time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. It's interesting how Cacho's use of shapes emphasizes the two dimensional aspect of the painting, yet the use of opposite colors throughout intimates a greater depth. It's a nice juxtaposition.