Intense Falling Feeling/Rushes?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Swik, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Hey guys.
    I'm just wondering if anyone experiences this insane rushing/falling feeling that I got when I tripped bad about a month ago.
    I'll try to explain what happened to me, and you tell me if you ever get something similar. I'm pretty sure this was sativa, as it seems to fit the description.

Alright, well I smoked LOTS of weed. I'm pretty sure it was some chronic, because a guy I know grows it in his basement. I wasn't a big stoner (1st time getting really high) and I was by myself. Probably a bad combo, right? Anyways, I smoked more than I had ever smoked because I didn't know the punch that weed could pack. Anyways, I sat down and I was really ripped. I couldn't even stare at my TV or laptop because I was so dizzy. My friend was supposed to come over in an hour or so, and a thought went through my mind of 'what if I can't even answer the door, or I'm still super baked when my parents get home?'
    Then immediately after I thought that I had this insane rushing feeling all throughout my body. It kind of felt like I was falling. I tried to calm myself down, telling myself it was just the weed and I'm alright, but it kept coming on faster and faster until it was a constant falling feeling. All I remember from this was running around my house for probably a bit less than 5 minutes (Felt like an hour). After this, my heart was beating so fast and hard I could hear it in my ears very loudly.

A few theories:

-That feeling is intense ammounts of adrenaline being pumped into your system. That would explain the intensely beating heart
    -It was just an anxiety attack that I couldn't control because I was on pot
    -Another reason I think it may be anxiety related is because I still have mild anxiety symptoms over a month after this happening to me. Not only that, but anxiety runs in my family (Mom has it, uncle has it, cousin has it, grandma had it)
    -Pretty sure it wasn't laced, because when I tried smoking pot again with weed from a different person with some friends, I got the feeling again (mildly because I only had one hit). So now I'm staying away from pot until my anxiety goes away.
    -Sometimes I get the feeling MILDLY when I'm not high, mostly during or before an anxiety attack. However, usually it's only just one small wave and then I can control myself and not let it happen again (which is why I think it was so crazy when I was high; because my brain was genuinely freaked out and I couldn't talk myself down from it).

Thats it guys, tell me if you've ever had something similar, I'm interested! :p

2. I think you just had a panic attack or got too high.

3. Meh, it happens if you get really baked a lot. One time I stood up suddenly in a sushi restaurant and was totally overtaken by that falling feeling you've described. Also done the running around the house with my heart pounding thing, too!

I can't explain it (although I'd like to hear if anyone else can). I try not to get super cooked because I don't really like feeling like that.

Interestingly, this always happens when I'm baked alone and almost never when I have friends to distract me. And when I'm alone, I usually feel a lot better if I can busy/distract myself.

4. It's the body's reaction to like, acute paranoia. You felt like if you were still high when your parents came home then you would be in a lot of shit and it got your adrenaline pumping 'cause of mental stress. That rushing feeling is that fight-or-flight mentality taking over. That can even make you have an anxiety attack because you're so hyped up that your breathing gets all fudged up.

5. If your generally prone to anxiety, pot will bring on attacks because of the paranoia factor.

6. Yeah, man I was lying on my couch and the feeling made me stand up too.
    I'm sure it's your body pumping in lots of adrenaline because you're anxious.

7. Adrenaline and anxiety are quite different... either way, why would standing up cause you to feel either of them?

8. ^ my feeling like that was caused WHEN I stood up; wasn't the reason I stood up...

9. #9 Quito38, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
    This would happen to me the first summer I started smoking...smokin some good shit....I would just be sittin the car or on a couch with my smoking partner and then get that rush and feeling that I was falling within my head or thru my body like u said...

It always scared me and I would almost jerk up real quick thinkin i was about to pass out or something....until a couple months later after some more experience I realized I should just accept the feeling and jus riiiiiide that feeling out!! It is amazing if you accept....you feel a disassociative feeling almost like ur conscious/ego is being pulled backwards from ur head

I kno its a scary feeling and since you tried to fight it ur body probly freaked like u said and pumped some adrenaline in you like it would to me....along with ur anxiety issues i suppose but that just might be in ur head and not necessarily a correlation...

welcome to being really baked...try to ride that feeling with some slow, calm music (reggae is best):smoke:

I guess not everyone likes that feeling tho ^ .....but it can take ur high to a higher level and can be pretty damn trippy...u might get some very revealing thoughts

10. Standing up didn't cause the feeling, the feeling caused me to stand up. lol.
    Edit: just read your other post lol.

And when you have a panic attack (not just anxiety or paranoia, but a real panic attack) your brain does pump adrenaline into your body. And since I was high while it was happening, my brain was probably freaking out and just started pumping out adrenaline like crazy. That would also explain the rapidly beating heart.

11. Dude I love that feeling! I get it alot when I'm falling in my dreams, feels like flying straight down on a roller coaster for an hour haha.

12. Yeah, that's the feeling. Anxiety can probably explain it more often than not, I guess (although I have felt it in non-anxious situations, which I'll just chalk up to being too baked...)

13. Yeah, same here.
    I didn't feel like I was having a panic attack at all. I just had those falling feelings.
    Then when I started having much more mild panic attacks days later I became certain that those extreme feelings were just covering up any panic attack symptoms that I might have experienced otherwise. I mean, I couldn't exactly think to reflect on how I was feeling when that was happening xD

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr-QUwHmL2s]YouTube - Arnold Schwarzenegger - The Pump[/ame]

15. When Im really tired or really high and sit still sometimes it feels like im falling. Like a rollercoaster dip. Also sometimes when im half asleep ill feel it and wake up startled.

16. It's happened to me before a few times while listening to really loud music, but I thought the feeling was awesome. :smoking:

17. I get that falling feeling when im really high.

I like it.

18. That happens to me a lot. It is actually really scary. It feels like you are falling of a the earth and there is nothing that you can do about it. When it happens i just breath slow and chill out.

19. yeah ill get this sometimes when i get really baked. It'll feel like im falling yet sinking into the couch at the same time. Then ill get used to the feeling and ill just feel like im flyin around or something.