Intel shows Sessions spoke about Trump campaign with Russian ambassador

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AugustWest, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Good riddance to this guy.. Hopefully he resigns tonight.

Some are saying trump leaked it out to get rid of him, but I don't believe that.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/21/intel-...about-trump-campaign-with-russian-ambassador/

Attorney General Jeff Sessions spoke to the Russian ambassador about issues related to President Trump’s campaign, despite his public denials about making such interactions, a report said.

Sessions’ conversations with Sergey Kislyak were recounted by the ambassador in subsequent discussions that were intercepted by US intelligence agencies, according to The Washington Post.

Sessions recused himself from any investigations involving Russia when it became public that he met with Kislyak.

However, he insisted he never discussed campaign-related issues with any Russian officials.

“I never had meetings with Russian operatives or Russian intermediaries about the Trump campaign,” he said in March.

Given the new information, a US official said Sessions has provided “misleading” statements that are “contradicted by other evidence.”

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. My conspiracy theory..

Trump leaked this so he can have an ag who isn't recused from the Russia investigation, and possibly fire Mueller.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Getting rid of Mueller does Trump no favors. Mueller has an excellent reputation for fairness and integrity with everybody except Trump's circle and his base.

You're probably nailing his line of thinking, but part of me is worried you agree with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. You could very well be right. This hole keeps getting bigger and bigger.

5. Agree with my theory?
    Nah not really.
    I really don't know what to think. I don't trust the investigation, just as I didn't trust the one into Bill Clinton. It's always political.
    Mueller's bff was humiliated in classless fashion by Trump.
    The guy is a human being, who knows what he's really thinking. It's not insane to think that there's motive to dig beyond the actual investigation into Russian collusion.

Same happened to Clinton with the biased special council investigating him.

I definitely don't agree with leaking info in order to have an excuse to get rid of him.he should just fire him (sessions) if he wants him gone.

But again, it's a total conspiracy theory.
    That info doesn't look great for trump either. Doesn't make a ton of sense for the white house to leak.

I'm just happy sessions will probably be gone.. He's a total piece of shit.

6. Well, that's how a lot of people feel about Trump. And if an investigation into collusion turns into an investigation into money laundering, the end will justify the means.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. If you really feel the ends justify the means then you'd be okay with manufacturing evidence to get rid of Trump. We now have an investigation into collusion morphing into an investigation looking for a crime and the investigators have all been rooting for the other political party for years. How can this be okay with you guys. You've let your hatred obscure your sense of fairness.

8. I didn't say they should manufacture evidence. But if, through the process of reviewing standard financial documents, they discover a crime not directly related to interference in the election, it's fair game. Mueller is not tightly restricted on what he can investigate.

Besides, Trump has said numerous times that he is completely innocent and totally above board, so I'm sure he has no reason to worry.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. "Officials emphasized that the information contradicting Sessions comes from U.S. intelligence on Kislyak’s communications with the Kremlin, and acknowledged that the Russian ambassador could have mischaracterized or exaggerated the nature of his interactions.

Russian and other foreign diplomats in Washington and elsewhere have been known, at times, to report false or misleading information to bolster their standing with their superiors or to confuse U.S. intelligence agencies."

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Fabricating evidence and finding out about potentially criminal wrongdoing during the course of an investigation are quite different.

Why are you suggesting that it would be ok for a potential financial criminal to remain as the president?
    If evidence of tax evasion or money laundering or any other financial scheme comes to the surface, we should prosecute him as any other individual involved in such activities.
    This is the law and nobody should be above it. Fundamental concept of our constitution.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. I was talking about the ends justifying the means. If one believes that then they would have no problem fabricating evidence or anything else as long as they attain their goal. What is your definition of collusion in this case?

12. Nobody is fabricating evidence. You are the one who jumped to that conclusion.
    Point is simple, if other criminal activity is uncovered during the investigation, it should be treated according to the law and not swept under the rug, because it may not "fit" a collusion theory.

I don't understand your question.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. so the ends is to subvert our democracy? To literally undermine our freely elected president and why? Not because he colluded with russians, obviously we know thats total bullshit. No, just because you don't like him. Its sad that people are literally cheering this on as if its a good thing for our country. Its fucking sad and pathetic is what it is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. I'm shocked to think Trump supporters do not want an investigation into Bid Daddy' possible criminal activities.

• Like Like x 1
  15. No more shocking that all the bitching the libs did when any question or investigation was mentioned about their savior the past 8 years. They wanted to cry witch hunt every time but now it's different cause the big bad orange bigot is saying mean things.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Aren't you the least bit interested in uncovering Trump's psble criminal activities?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I never said or implied evidence was fabricated.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. I think Trump should have the same treatment the rest of us get. If during a search of our property if the police find unrelated evidence in plain sight then it's fair game, if they look for unrelated evidence they are violating our rights. If they find evidence of collusion with Russians to swing the election Trump should go down. As long as they have reason to believe they'll find evidence in Trump's financial records of Trump and Russia colluding they are fair game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. [​IMG]
    Bad (or sick) guy! Sad!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Goalpost has moved pretty far from Trump colluding with Russia to Trump meeting with a bogus adoption lawyer for 20 minutes.

• Winner Winner x 1