Intake/Exhaust Question.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by chode79, Feb 25, 2009.

1. I have a 10X15 room 6 feet tall. I have 2 600w Digital Ballasts. Im looking for an inline fan. What size inline should I get? Should I get some type of blower aswell? If so what size? Any input would be appreciated.

2. If I were you I would do something 6"-10" with a blower. Make sure you get a can filter for it though to eliminate any odor. And make sure you do it right. My lil baby is suffering from heat stress cause I wasn't ventilating correctly for a day with my new setup.

3. You say do it right? Place the blower at the bottom of room and the inline exhaust at top? My room is in an attic basicaly and gets hot in the summer. Im probably going to need an a/c unit in there aswell.

4. Yeah a/c is a must if you have an attic. Temps will hit 100+ in my attic in the summer. I put in floorboards over the beams in my attic so you could walk up there last summer, and by the end of it I was literally drenched in sweat lol. My clothes looked like I jumped in a pool :p

Run the intake on one end of the grow area in the attic and the exhaust on the other. This will allow the fresh air to basically flow right over/through the plants to the exhaust. You can always just run some 6" flexi-duct stuff from the intake to right by the plants. this will give it plenty of fresh air. I'm not sure of your exact setup.

Any good with ms paint? lol.

5. im wondering if that fans too fancy? I just spent 30 dollars each on mine at home depot. 4" intake 6" exaust