Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Insurance pay for MMJ?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Bubble Kushh, Jan 25, 2009.

1. I have health insurance and I was just curious if it would pay for MMJ. I get every prescription free and since MMJ would be considered as medicine...

2. i dont think it falls under that but im not sure.

3. It would be amazing if it was true.

4. contact your insurance provider and ask!

5. you seriously think there going to? its an illegal drug, theres no way they will pay for it. is this a joke?

6. Cannabis is still very illegal according to Federal Law .... Absolutely no US insurance carrier will pay out for MMJ.

7. Yeah true I guess.

8. You might be able to write off growing supplies somehow though, either in your taxes or with your insurance company. But I'd bet you'd have to flip through a shitton of fine print to find out exactly how (or find a guide online. Whatever)

9. We should make a sticky this question comes up frequently enough.

No, there are NO health insurance companies that will pay for MMJ. There may be a small private health insurance company that is set up specifically for MMJ patients (I have seen ads in MMJ newspapers) but I'm not sure how good it is.

If you have Medi-Cal you can get a discount on your recommendation from certain recommending doctors on your recommendation and renewals.

But no, no major HMO will pay for your MMJ, don't bother asking.

10. If you believe that a established insurance co. will pay for MJ, you must be high or something.:smoking:

11. if that is possible then that is possibly the sweetest shit ever