Insurance Medicare

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Leslie2156, Oct 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hi, my name is Leslie and I have an appointment in early Nov to see Dr about using pot for chronic pain. I had a friend tell me that I need to check to see if Medicare will cover my other Dr appointments if I start using med marijuana. Because med marijuana is still illegal federally she said her brother is covered by Medicare and started using med marijuana and he received a notice saying if he continued with the med marijuana then his federal insurance wouldn't pay for any further Dr appointments and she said that I should make sure Medicare and Medicaid would still cover my other Dr's I need.

• Like Like x 1
  2. You're friend is greatly mistaken.
    Medicare's only stance is that they can not cover any expenses related to medical usage.
    They are also pretty happy that Part D costs have come down due to medical.

Medical Marijuana and Medicare Coverage | MedicareFAQ

Welcome to Grasscity.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I am fortunate to have a pain clinic that realizes that pain meds and weed are ok together. But General doctors are still afraid. I wouldnt be trying to get regular medicine to pay for weed visits. If anything they will come down on u. Most providers like Kaiser are making u sign opiate agreements that u will not drink or use other illicit drugs. Mj being one of them. Let's just say u will get more hassle than good. Love to hear if they pay for ur treatment after u telling them weed is ur med. It's still not accepted in western meds

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's a completely un-true blanket statement. Where it is "not accepted" (or raises eyebrows) is organizations receiving government funding - VA, Medicare, that type stuff. My experience with the VA indicates they are quietly just waiting for the Federal MJ charade to end.- due to the funding and obvious regulatory issue(s). Cocksuckers high up in the administration have no trouble making life miserable for workers who don't toe the line.

5. Well I'm talking from personal experience O go through! Trust me I wear my weed shirts when I go to my doctor. But they have put me a disabled chronic pain patient through hoops!!

6. Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

7. Yep they’ll take your meds away and make you go cold turkey if they don’t like you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Trust me I just won my ssa case and now am permanently disabled! I guess if u dont use pain meds than go for it. Love to see u get them to pay for it and appointment

9. Medicare sucks, my doctor visits costs doubled, my meds went up by about 40%, a lot of things my insurance paid for Medicare won't pay. I'm not exactly sure what I'm getting for the amount they rip off out of my disability check since I went on disability.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. It is unlikely that health insurance will cover the purchase of medicines.

11. Hmm, Medicare does not cover the cost of medicines, that is, you will have to buy marijuana at your own expense, unfortunately

12. All such questions regarding some costs should be discussed with the insurance company.

13. All such questions regarding some costs should be discussed with the insurance company.

14. All such questions regarding some costs should be discussed with the insurance company.

15. All such questions regarding some costs should be discussed with the insurance company.

16. All such questions regarding some costs should be discussed with the insurance company.

17. Sure, but who the fuck are you?
    @SkunkRoller @Leimik @Raymondello

18. Doing an EXCELLENT of that.
    Gold Star!!<_<